bacon lattice spotted at Williams-Sonoma

bacon lattice on a frittata at Williams-Sonoma

Flipping through a Williams-Sonoma catalog I saw something familiar, they used a bacon lattice as the topping for their Home Skillet Frittata. The bacon lattice you might know as the Bacon Mat at Instructables, the inspiration for my Bacon Cups. Neat.

While I’m talking about Williams-Sonoma, did you see the Giant Sandwich Cookie Cake Pan? Or the Snowy Village Cakelet Pan? I want both, I need neither.

cake pan shaped like a giant oreo wafer

cake pan that makes a few small buildings

· comments [19] · 11-24-2009 · categories:food ·

• 1 nikk // Nov 24, 2009 at 7:17 am

I must have the cookie cake pan!

• 2 Seanna Lea // Nov 24, 2009 at 7:22 am

I am not allowed to buy any specialty cake pans. I have a pumpkin one, an octopus one and Superman (my poor friend has had more Superman cakes than is really reasonable). While I would love the sandwich cookie pan, it is just not meant to be!

• 3 Karrey // Nov 24, 2009 at 7:34 am

My friend Amanda actually did a bacon lattice on her turkey last year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/psychomandy/3073362668/

If I weren’t a vegetarian, I’d gobble it up!

• 4 Betty // Nov 24, 2009 at 8:32 am

I check your site out daily and check many of your links. I had to say I loved your … “want both – need neither” comment.

• 5 Caroline // Nov 24, 2009 at 8:37 am

The winter village is amazing! Those would be so fun to decorate.

• 6 Tina // Nov 24, 2009 at 9:19 am

When my kitchen doubles in size, is when I’ll get the cookie cake pan! It’s cute, but there is no place to store it. Someday…..

• 7 Lisa // Nov 24, 2009 at 10:07 am

I ate the entire catalog in one sitting yesterday. Delicious pictures!

• 8 Mariko // Nov 24, 2009 at 10:34 am

I started hyperventilating when I saw the sandwich cookie cake pan in the catalog.

• 9 kat // Nov 24, 2009 at 12:35 pm

oooh bacon placemats!

• 10 Laura // Nov 24, 2009 at 1:08 pm

For the village scene – to make those trees, use an ice cream sugar cone as your base, and pipe on frosting to create the pine needles.

• 11 ClistyB // Nov 24, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I bought the holiday train mini cake pan a few years ago. More fun than you ever thought possible. They make Impressive neighbor gifts. The cakes that is, no way I’m giving away my pan!

• 12 Lecia // Nov 24, 2009 at 1:53 pm

I saw the giant cookie in the catalog and have been debating as to whether I really ‘need’ another pan. So so cute though!

• 13 Jennifer // Nov 24, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Been meaning to ask – did you see Julie and Julia? If yes, did you like it?

• 14 megan // Nov 24, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Jennifer – I have not seen it yet, but I did read the book and liked it.

• 15 Just Moi // Nov 24, 2009 at 6:39 pm

I want the cookie too. And I don’t need it. BUT… you can put enough frosting on it to make it a “normal” cake as well so it’s a multi-tasker!!!!!

• 16 Laura // Nov 25, 2009 at 11:02 pm

It must be because I am the mother of only sons that the tiny village of cake cries out for a giant plastic dinosaur and some little running gingerbread people. Or perhaps its that rich inner life that mu husband keeps alluding too. It is on my list for the after christmas sales.

• 17 friday favorites « sixhours.net // Nov 27, 2009 at 7:59 am

[...] Speaking of cake… the two pans in this post at Not Martha?  Major want – A big cookie and a winter village. Now if only I could bake worth a darn. [...]

• 18 jen // Nov 27, 2009 at 3:06 pm

I have an irrational want for that cookie pan. I WANT IT!!

• 19 friday favorites | Caroline Blogs // Sep 4, 2012 at 6:59 pm