links: food

Party People Vacu Vin Glass Markers (NOTCOT). Small suction cup figures to mark your glass. I like these!

Cakespy: Cherry Almond Osgood Pie | Serious Eats. Jessie from Cakespy made a modified version of my family recipe, I’ll have to make it to compare.

Food & wine | Recipe: Penne with Smoked Turkey Sausage | Seattle Times.

Coconut Angel Food Cake, marthastewart.com.

Whisk: a food blog: Gingerbread Cookie Cups.

What’s your fvorite aperitif? How do you mix it if at all? | Ask Metafilter.

Portland Watering Holes etc « SpiritsAndCocktails.com.

An Alternative Use for Your Soda Charger : You’ve never thought to carbonate fruit, have you? – CHOW. It’s so easy!

The Best Waffle You’ll Ever Eat: Gaufres de Liege Guest Post | The Kitchn. I’m hoping to find a recipe to make waffles like the ones served at Arosa here in Seattle, this might be it.

· comments [12] · 11-12-2009 · categories:food · links ·

• 1 Kellee // Nov 12, 2009 at 6:42 am

Yum re: the waffle link – I’m going to Amsterdam for New Year, and searching out this waffle has just become priority! I will report back with a full analysis ;)

• 2 ali @ gimme some oven // Nov 12, 2009 at 8:24 am

Love the gingerbread cups idea! May have to try it with some homemade cinnamon ice cream…YUM. :)

• 3 Elana // Nov 12, 2009 at 9:44 am

Man, I’m so adopting that gingerbread cup for wf/df/ef. And making a bajillion of them.

• 4 megan // Nov 12, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Kellee – Please do report back, I hope you find dozens and that they are all delicious.

• 5 Shari // Nov 12, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Thank you for making my day and including me with all those other fab food links!

• 6 Kay // Nov 12, 2009 at 10:59 pm

Those Vacu Vin glass markers are indeed cute, but do they make a tinking noise when you have finished your glass of wine? That was my favorite unexpected fun of the wine glass charms you made, we always knew someone needed a refill!

• 7 Beth Rang // Nov 13, 2009 at 3:52 am

Thank you for pointing out those gingerbread cookie cups! I love the idea one of your readers had about having them with homemade cinnamon ice cream. We also have an excellent locally made marscapone cheese which would be good with these at a tea party.

• 8 CakeSpy // Nov 13, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Thanks Megan! I am curious to try the “tried and true” Not Martha version too. Thank you for introducing me to Osgood Pie! And those gingerbread cookie cups are definitely intriguing. Bring on the holidays!

• 9 MXJ // Nov 13, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Re: Gaufres de Liege – They are from Belgium actually! For any of you in the Cincinnati area, there is a local guy that sells them in Findlay Market and the Hyde Park Farmer’s Market.

There’s also a story on his site about how the waffle came to be.

• 10 Seanna Lea // Nov 13, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Ach! The cakespy link reminded me that I’m in search of a cherry cake doughnut recipe. To the Internet! Oh wait, I’m already here.

• 11 Lisa // Nov 13, 2009 at 4:48 pm

Hey, I have a soda siphon! I’ll have to give this carbonated fruit a whirl.

This also reminds me of one of my favorite easy desserts for when I have people over. Slices of poundcake with sparkling cider poured over the top and a sprinkle of cinnamon. You have to serve immediately before the fizz dies (I usually give a plate with the poundcake and a shot glass of cider so that they can pour right before they eat).

I’ve tried it with cherry soda as well, and it was pretty tasty. I don’t drink booze, but I’ve wondered how it would be with champagne.

• 12 Erin // Nov 14, 2009 at 10:39 am

Let us know how the waffles turn out. I made them once but the batter was all wrong…no yeast.