links: craft

Jeny’s surprisingly stretchy bind off, Fall 2009. It’s here! I learned this at Sock Summit and you can learn it now too.

angry chicken: screenprinting on fabric made easy (really!). With a discount for EZScreenPrint, a good excuse to try it out.

all buttoned up.: The New Stitch Magazine and My Perfect Cookie.. The thermal pot luck carrier is fantastic!

lovelydesign: perfect boxes + drawer dividers. With instructions.

swissmiss | Inkjet tattoo paper. For DIY temporary tattoos. Must keep in mind for future Halloween projects.

· comments [11] · 11-6-2009 · categories:craft · links ·

• 1 TheBon // Nov 6, 2009 at 6:30 am

I’ve used the tattoo paper. The prints are great, but it is kind of a bear to apply the sticky sheet without bubbles. Also, the tattoo itself made my skin itch.

• 2 megan // Nov 6, 2009 at 10:01 am

Thanks for the warning!

• 3 Kerry // Nov 6, 2009 at 10:16 am

Ok,I’ve been knitting socks (ankle down) for years now….using dp needles, one sock at a time. I am now obsessed with knitting socks toe up, two at a time, on circular needles. Where do I start?

• 4 megan // Nov 6, 2009 at 10:27 am

Kerry – The very first page of Google turns up these thinks: free pattern at Knitpicks and this round up of links and tips at Not Another Knit Blog.

• 5 homodachi // Nov 6, 2009 at 10:28 am

Awesome! I’d been hoping that bind-off would be published online ever since you mentioned it in your sock summit report.

• 6 Seanna Lea // Nov 6, 2009 at 10:28 am

I keep stopping at the bookstore and flipping through the new Stitch magazine. I loved the casserole carrier, and a few of the other things I’ve seen, but don’t think I’m good enough at sewing to make the magazine worth it!

• 7 wendy // Nov 6, 2009 at 11:09 am

I love, love, love the surprisingly stretchy bind-off!!! It’s awesome for toe-up socks, and neck ribbing!

• 8 Kerry // Nov 6, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Thanks for the links megan, now I’m reading about the magic loop technique, and am full of anticipation of running to the yarn store after work.

• 9 Paper Box Drawer Dividers | Crafts Kids :: Free Crafts Network // Nov 7, 2009 at 8:33 am

[...] I love the pattern resolution by Sharilyn at lovelydesign to have these paper box drawer dividers to keep things organized. You can download her educational to have the undiluted sized box to reason anything you need! [via not martha] [...]

• 10 Paper Box Drawer Dividers | Crocheting Site - Patterns, crochets // Nov 7, 2009 at 9:41 am

[...] Paper Box Drawer Dividers November 7, 2009 | By admin In Crocheting, crochet patterns, crochets, free patterns, knit crochet | I love the pattern resolution by Sharilyn at lovelydesign to have these paper box drawer dividers to keep things organized. You can download her educational to have the undiluted sized box to reason anything you need! [via not martha] [...]

• 11 abigail // Nov 9, 2009 at 8:14 am

I can’t wait to start the fabric screen printings! I miss my access to my grad school print shop! sigh… and thanks for the recommendation a while back about the reversible knitting book! I love it! My definition of reversible has been totally expanded!