links: halloween

Garlic Cupcakes to Keep You Safe From Vampires This Halloween ~ Cupcake Project.

What are some essential horror films for a movie marathon? | Ask Metafilter.

Make me deathly pale! | Ask Metafilter.

RECIPE: Breadstick Bones on Flickr. Cute idea for something savory to serve.

Halloween Food – Meat Head 2 on Flickr. I’m not sure if this is made by the same person but the meat head is one of the things I linked to way, way back in 2001.

earwax on a swab on Flickr. I could not eat this, but I like this idea.

Easy & Expert Recipes For Halloween Fingers | YumSugar. I love the way these are curled around a cup.

Note to self: buy Matthew Mead’s Halloween books Halloween Tricks and Treats and Monster Book of Halloween.

Blood and Bones at Joy the Baker. Red hot chocolate and meringue bones!

Ghostly Eggs at Serious Eats. These are so darn cute.

How to make fake blood, at Wired.

This melting head cake is astounding. The whole thing is edible, with cake brains, a royal icing skull, edible eyeballs that popped open and oozed, a layer of red jam covered by frosting skin and topped with cotton candy hair. It was set under a heat lamp and allowed to melt in the most dramatic and incredible way. You must read to the bottom to see the melting pictures, I insist, go go. Bravo!

Zombie jello mold at Geekologie.

Bloody Tooth Cocktail at Martha Stewart, another one to make using black vodka.

Three shrimp cocktail brains: one, two, three.

· comments [8] · 10-30-2009 · categories:halloween · links ·

• 1 Seanna Lea // Oct 30, 2009 at 9:02 am

I love the garlic cupcakes! They look surprisingly tasty.

• 2 megan // Oct 30, 2009 at 11:31 am

I might try the cupcakes, I had garlic ice cream once and remained unconvinced. I suspect it was raw crushed garlic in the ice cream, not garlic that was roasted until sweet. Think chocolate dipped roasted garlic cupcakes would be suitable for thanksgiving?

• 3 Melicious // Oct 30, 2009 at 11:39 am

I just discovered your blog this week, and I’m madly in love with it. I immediately passed the URL along to everyone in my address book. It was the meat hand that really won our hearts!

In the spirit of Halloween, here’s a link to my blog post about how to prepare for a zombie attack, should tomorrow night be the night the undead rise. It’s all in good fun AND a real workout.

• 4 Fruit Maven // Oct 30, 2009 at 11:57 am

I love love love the meatloaf hand!

For halloween – don’t forget scary fruit like Elephant Hearts and Goblin Fingers!!!

• 5 Stef // Oct 31, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Great Halloween roundup! Love it! I’m so honored to be included. Thanks!

• 6 Kathleen // Oct 31, 2009 at 4:25 pm

Just found your blog and I soooooo love it. I’ll be visiting often!!!

• 7 Sonya // Nov 2, 2009 at 3:59 am

These are fantastic! The meatloaf is amazing!

• 8 Erika // May 18, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Thanks for linking to my meat head (no, not the same person, but inspired by those who went before me).

Likewise for the used q-tips: