links: food

The Perfect Burger – Restaurants – The Stranger, Seattle’s Only Newspaper.

Joy the Baker » What the Heck is Farro…?.

Joy the Baker » Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies.

Bacon jam recipe: make it at home | Homesick Texan. via Metafilter.

Apple and Pumpkin Pocket Pie Molds | Williams-Sonoma. I know these are unnecessary, but I think I want them.

Business & Technology | Northwest farmers have banded together to market their own flour | Seattle Times Newspaper. A news story on Shepard’s Grain flour, which they use at Delancey!

Stuffed Bread – Not Without Salt. I must find a reason to make this, love the giant bagel shape.

Coconut Lime Chicken Soup | Joyful Abode.

“Cadbury Creme Brul’egg” from Pie of the Tiger · Edible Crafts.

Sugar Work Lesson 1: Casting Sugar » Pie of the Tiger.

Homemade Vegetarian Marshmallow Peeps » Pie of the Tiger.

What’s the difference between good buttercream icing and old fashioned birthday cake icing? | Ask Metafilter.

· comments [6] · 09-24-2009 · categories:food · links ·

• 1 Steffy // Sep 24, 2009 at 7:47 am

I haven’t even attempted my first pie yet, and now, I’m obsessed with the idea of buying those pocket pie molds.

• 2 Seanna Lea // Sep 24, 2009 at 9:06 am

I love those pie molds. I am a sucker for all of the mini-gadgets and specialty pans, so I am definitely not allowed to buy more of them (unless I can find someone who wants some of my gently used pans).

• 3 Emily // Sep 24, 2009 at 2:46 pm

First – I love your site.
    Second: I actually made the peanut-butter-bacon cookies…because, who wouldn’t you? Sadly – they were gross. However, I adore everything else Joy the Baker has ever posted. But just a warning about those cookies, though. (Perhaps it’s just me, though…I don’t like salt in my chocolate, either.)
    Cheers!

• 4 sioux // Sep 24, 2009 at 5:31 pm

i just happened to be in williams-sonoma yesterday and saw those pie molds and thought the same damn thing. don’t need, must have!

• 5 Katie M. // Sep 24, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Thank you so much for the baked bread link. I will definitely be trying a variation soon. And to Seanna Lea and your gently used pans, you’d be surprized. I know I snatch them up whenever I can. :-)

• 6 Emily M // Sep 25, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Despite being a complete impulse purchase, I couldn’t resist the pocket pie molds either. I used them the other day for little apple & quince pies and they were wonderful to work with and turned out perfectly…here’s a picture! :)