Iron Curtain Press

Scott and I splurged a little for our upcoming reception and had thank you cards and cards to give out with favors letterpressed for us. I’m awfully glad we did.

Iron Curtain Press

I found Iron Curtain Press at the summer Urban Craft Uprising. I was lucky enough to get to peek at the shop when I went to approve the proofs and Rosanna was kind enough to let me take pictures while I was there.

Here is our ink:

Iron Curtain Press

Her studio is bright and filled with drawers and drawers of antique stamps.

I love this bicycle:

Iron Curtain Press

She showed off an example of this neat newsprint like effect made from an old stamp:

And her favorite stamp:

And the press itself:

Iron Curtain Press

Iron Curtain Press also has an Etsy shop which you should keep an eye on, she let me peek at a few Christmas cards that were very cool, cross your fingers that she offers them again this year.

· comments [14] · 09-11-2009 · categories:seattle · shopping ·

• 1 LauraVW // Sep 11, 2009 at 8:13 am

These look beautiful Megan – I think you chose well. I like the green envelopes too – we have a lot of things that colour in our kitchen.

• 2 Elizabeth // Sep 11, 2009 at 8:19 am

thanks for sharing!
    I always enjoy seeing someones work space.

• 3 Kim // Sep 11, 2009 at 8:36 am

I love your cards. They are beautiful.

I have a question as to how/when you are giving these out: are you actually giving them out at the reception?

This is what I’d like to do too – give everyone there a “thanks for coming” card right then and there. But then do you have to mail out thank-you cards afterwards too?

I’m guessing yes, especially if our guests bring us gifts (even if we’re telling everyone we don’t need anything and the best present they could give us would be to spend the evening with us)…

What are you going to do?

Thanks in advance for your input!

• 4 megan // Sep 11, 2009 at 10:06 am

Thanks everyone!

Kim – we are putting the smaller cards with the favors, I’ll have a picture of that too. The big thank you cards will be used to mail more formal thanks for gifts, etc. Does that help?

• 5 Rosanna // Sep 11, 2009 at 11:11 am

thanks for the kind words. i’m glad you like the cards, i had fun making them. definitely keep an eye on our shop, we’re going to have some pretty rad cards come christmastime.

the pictures of the shop turned out great!

• 6 paola // Sep 11, 2009 at 11:43 am

Those are STUNNING. I love letterpress and am intrigued by the Christmas cards.

• 7 Picnicking in Dreamland // Sep 11, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Fabulous!!! Beautiful choice, and what a phenomenal set-up she has.

• 8 Dinah Coops // Sep 11, 2009 at 7:29 pm

I love your cards and how you shot Rosanna’s great set up. Letterpress is just so magical. Hope your reception is fun!

• 9 BigGirlPhoebz // Sep 12, 2009 at 2:20 pm

these look absolutely beautiful. Love the design choice. You can only get that kind of result from a real press. bravo.

• 10 carol // Sep 13, 2009 at 7:44 pm

oooh pretty! both the cards and the shop. and the stamps! i love letterpress

• 11 Kim // Sep 14, 2009 at 6:41 am

Yes – that’s great. Thanks Megan! Looking forward to seeing your favors.

• 12 Katie // Sep 15, 2009 at 5:23 pm

That brings me back. I used to set up the boxes for typesetting at my parents printing business. It is such a lost art. She does a great job!

• 13 Tanya // Sep 18, 2009 at 8:12 am

Love the cards! I tried to find their etsy shop and can’t seem to find the right place-can you post a link to their shop on your site? I would love to look at their cards!

• 14 megan // Sep 18, 2009 at 8:41 am