Tousle Me Softly

Tousle Me Softly mousse

Ok, the name is a bit silly but I have to tell you how much I like the Tousle Me Softly mousse from Herbal Essences. I scrunch it into my wet hair, let it dry, scrunch again so it isn’t crunchy and, ta da!, the natural waves in my hair stay all day and even after I wake up the next morning. It even gives my hair a little bit of shine and cuts down on frizz (which, for my hair, is quite impressive). It’s getting good reviews in the Naturally Curly forums as well. It’s cheap right now to, I think it’s being offered at an introductory price. Worth trying out.

I’ve also tried the spray gel and I’m not quite as enamored of it. It’s a little sticky, but holds well.

· comments [15] · 09-9-2009 · categories:beauty ·

• 1 Annika // Sep 9, 2009 at 6:43 am

How’s the scent?

• 2 Kelly // Sep 9, 2009 at 6:51 am

i’ve been using this, too, along with the shampoo and conditioner. i like the result, but find that it makes my hair suuuuper tangly. weird. it smells awesome though!

xo
    Kelly

• 3 Becca Rice // Sep 9, 2009 at 6:52 am

I’ve tried this stuff too and liked it, but I’ve only found #2 strong hold (which makes my hair a bit crunchy), rather than the #1 flexible hold pictured here; otherwise it looks exactly the same. And I like the smell, pretty light.

• 4 sadie // Sep 9, 2009 at 7:36 am

I am wondering how ecologically friendly it is. I’d like to try it, but I am trying to only buy things that make a smaller impact on me and the world around me.

• 5 violaruz/ducksandbooks // Sep 9, 2009 at 10:17 am

I’ve got wavy/curly/fluffy/frizzy hair and am allergic to most Herbal Essences scents :( but John Frida’s new Frizz-Ease Spray Gel is awesome, and has almost no scent. It sounds a lot like the spray you’re talking about, minus all the sneezes that I’d get from Herbal Essences products. Just spray in wet hair, scrunch, and voila, less frizz when you’re hair is dry!

• 6 Emily // Sep 9, 2009 at 10:37 am

I’ve been using their Totally Twisted Gel for a month or two. I love the job it’s been doing to help create curls from my naturally crazy/frizzy/wavy/curly hair. I do wish that it did more with to de-frizz. Perhaps the Toussle Me Softly is the right answer. Thanks!

• 7 megan // Sep 9, 2009 at 10:58 am

Annika – it smells ok but I don’t particularly like violet scents, I don’t notice the smell after it’s dry.

• 8 Betty // Sep 9, 2009 at 11:19 am

ooh, I can’t wait to find it! I’ve gotten kind of hooked on letting my hair do its naturally-wavy-but-super-fine-and-somewhat-thin thing, so this could be good. Thanks for the tip, oh wise one!

• 9 MEP // Sep 10, 2009 at 8:48 am

I second the John Frieda spray gel recommendation. I love the curls it makes in my wavy hair, but I usually have to wash with a clarifying shampoo afterwards because it tends to coat my hair. I will definite try the Tousle Me Softly! Thanks!

• 10 Betsy // Sep 10, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I tried the spray gel too and was’nt that thrilled. I was hoping to find a low cost alternative to an Aveda product that I love. Maybe I’ll try the mousse. Not crazy about the smell- it is light but doesn’t smell natural.

• 11 Amanda // Sep 13, 2009 at 1:28 pm

I’ve been looking for this since I heard about it. Where has this been found in Seattle?

• 12 Terri // Sep 14, 2009 at 7:24 pm

11 – It was out at Fred Meyer in Greenwood, but I found one last bottle at Walgreen’s. Apparently it’s popular!
    Also, there was a $1 off coupon in the mail last week!

I love the smell, but I’m not bowled over by the mousse. Maybe it’s because I went with #1 flexible, but it doesn’t hold very well. The mousse kind of disintegrates in my hand. I think I’ll give #2 or #3 a try.

• 13 Jill // Sep 16, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Thanks for the tip AND the link to the naturally curly forum…never heard of it, and I’m always on the lookout for a good mousse.

• 14 megan // Sep 22, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Amanda – I looked a few places and found it at Target last week, I suspect that’s where I found it the first time as well.

• 15 jessica // Jul 1, 2010 at 2:02 pm

i tried the herbal essences tousle me softly and they were ok awsome smell though just today i was doing my hair and so moose landed on my arm and i broke out in hyves like crazy is anyone else allergic to it?