Monjay

Monjay

I was given a sample of Monjay to test out, and I like it. Monjay is a supplement that will stop the after effects of eating foods with lots of onion or garlic. You simply sprinkle on your food, using the lid to measure. I seems to work for both Scott and myself. We’ve tried this in our house at various times with garlicky kale, onion-y salsa, and hippie hummus made with lots of fresh garlic. It doesn’t have a flavor of it’s own so it doesn’t affect the enjoyment of your food, but I am not plagued with the garlic asserting itself for hours afterwards. It is worth a try.

· comments [8] · 09-3-2009 · categories:food ·

• 1 CakeSpy // Sep 3, 2009 at 9:20 am

I am intrigued by this, because the Oleson household is one obsessed with garlic, onions, falafel…all of the usual breath-of-death suspects. I think we might need to give it a try too.

• 2 Jeannette // Sep 3, 2009 at 9:59 am

What’s wrong with a little garlic breath? I particularly enjoy loading up on garlic just before a rock show. I usually end up with ample personal space!

• 3 Amy // Sep 3, 2009 at 11:46 am

“seems to work” isn’t exactly a glowing recommendation.

• 4 megan // Sep 3, 2009 at 11:56 am

Amy – Who said all recommendations must be glowing? If the entry doesn’t inspire you to try it out that’s fine. I’m letting you know the stuff exists and, yes, it seems to work.

• 5 Deanna // Sep 3, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Parsley works, also lemon.

• 6 anastasia // Sep 3, 2009 at 9:20 pm

I was just saying to my husband today( after an interesting dinner of hummus and tabouleh last night)That I needed something to help me help my garlic on it journey through my body. I will be purchasing this, pronto.

• 7 kris // Sep 5, 2009 at 9:19 am

Why would you sprinkle something on your food to deplete it’s taste? What is this stuff made out of? Weird product endorsement.

• 8 megan // Sep 5, 2009 at 10:12 am

Kris – Read more carefully, I doesn’t affect the flavor of the food at all. It helps stop the after effects that some people get when eating allium foods.