Dave Sheely Designs at the Urban Craft Uprising

Dave Sheely Designs Esther pendant

The first summertime Urban Craft Uprising (big huge indie craft show) is happening here in Seattle next weekend. If you’re going I want to advise you to seek out the booth for Dave Sheely Designs. He makes most excellent resin rings embedding things like sea shells and beach glass. However, my current favoritest thing of his are the Esther pendant necklaces shown above. If you have a chance ask him how the Esther rings came to be.

Dave Sheely Designs Esther pendants

Urban Craft Uprising is this Saturday and Sunday, August 1st and 2nd, from 11 to 5 both days at the Seattle Center Exhibition Hall. What better way to hide from the Blue Angels show?

· comments [7] · 07-28-2009 · categories:events · seattle ·

• 1 haya // Jul 28, 2009 at 6:39 am

those are awesome!! i am kind of tempted to put them in my mouth and chew though ;-) as they do bear a resemblance to my favorite gummy candies.

• 2 Seanna Lea // Jul 28, 2009 at 8:45 am

Those are really neat looking. They don’t make me think of gummy candies, but instead of the statues on Easter Island.

• 3 Annette // Jul 28, 2009 at 11:48 am

I’ve had the pleasure of both owning Dave’s designs and watching him create them. He is creative, innovative, and his pieces are excellently crafted and finished. And be assured they will be one of a kind!

• 4 Crystalyn Kae // Jul 28, 2009 at 12:10 pm

yay! thanks for giving a shout-out for Urban Craft Uprising! I’ll be there with my bags and can’t wait to see all the amazing local talent!

• 5 Kristen Rask // Jul 28, 2009 at 1:39 pm

i am intrigued! i hope u can make it!

• 6 Mary T // Jul 29, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Thanks so much for the shout-out! I am truly in love with my husband’s work, and after helping him do just a little bit of sanding and finishing this week, well…you could say he is a perfectionist. These items do not reach the sales table until he considers them perfect, believe me! Looking forward to meeting lots of new folks and buying a lot of cool stuff ourselves.

• 7 Mary T // Jul 29, 2009 at 12:50 pm

PS — we actually used Dave’s tiki heads as toppers on our wedding cake, and more than one child in attendance was hoping they were candy! : D