thanks for coming to our Yarn Yard Sale

Wow, a lot of people came out for the Yarn Yard Sale. We had been worried that we would just be dragging all of our stuff home at the end of the day but most everything was sold. I’m so glad, thank you all for giving our stuff good homes.

Sadly, I also sold some buttons I didn’t mean to. If anybody knows the lady who bought my bag of buttons could you have her get in touch with me? My grandmother’s buttons, which have a lot of sentimental value, were mixed in with them. I’m a fool, I know, and should have kept them safer. I’m heartsick over this.

· comments [10] · 07-27-2009 · categories:mumbling ·

• 1 Zoe // Jul 27, 2009 at 10:37 am

I’m sorry about the buttons, that’s too bad.. But I’m glad the sale was a sucuess!

• 2 Wren // Jul 27, 2009 at 11:04 am

I thought about you Saturday when I realized that none of the sales here had anything but dirty baby clothes. I wished I was in your part of the country.

I feel your pain. I have lost my grandmothers, my mothers, and my own 50+ year collection of buttons. I had it in the last house, but it doesn’t seem to have survived the move. I’ve looked everywhere, although I suspect they may be somewhere in the attic in one of the boxes of stuff that I’m sure I will need someday-although I don’t seem to have needed it in 5 years!!

Once it isn’t a Texas summer, I think I’ll go up there and unpack all the boxes one at a time.

• 3 Katie // Jul 27, 2009 at 1:55 pm

If it’s any consolation, my Barbies wound up in a garage sale. I had outgrown them (I was in high school.) but wanted to keep them for my kids. By the time I realized it and pointed it out to my mom she was in full “You can’t take back anything else from the garage sale” mode. So yup, no more Barbies from my childhood. She apologized later, but I still think she owes me a Barbie Jeep.

I hope you get your buttons back!

• 4 Beth // Jul 27, 2009 at 2:41 pm

So sorry about the buttons I hope you’ll get them back, maybe a blog reader bought them. I have some precious buttons that have been in the family for quite a while. Here’s hoping!
    I wish I’d been there. I have a daughter in Seattle I’ll be out to see after the first of the year. She’s coming here in Sept. Maybe something exciting will be going on then!

• 5 Entropy's Bitch // Jul 27, 2009 at 4:08 pm

It’s Seattle! If anybody sees this, you’ll get your buttons back. I feel for you, that is teh suck. I drove by at 9:30, but decided to pass. However, I rewarded myself today with some Noro sock yarn to make a lacy crochet scarf with. One must give oneself positive feedback for self control.
    Oh, and some beads. I got some beads. And a book and some magazines..but I didn’t go to the yarn sale…..

• 6 The Redhead Riter // Jul 27, 2009 at 8:32 pm

Oh that makes me so sad for you!!!! I got a huge pit in my stomach when I read about the buttons.

Stopping by to give a little blog ♥

• 7 megan // Jul 27, 2009 at 8:49 pm

Thanks for all the sympathy. I feel so very stupid!

• 8 claire // Jul 28, 2009 at 9:21 pm

I saw your sale sign by my apt building!

• 9 Rachel // Jul 29, 2009 at 2:39 pm

I’m sorry about your buttons, that totally sucks!!

My mother sold my Fisher Price Record player and about 30 of my records for $8 at a garage sale in 1993. I’ve never gotten over it and I’m almost 30.

• 10 jen // Jul 31, 2009 at 7:12 am

I’m so sorry about your buttons! Have you thought about posting to some of the Seattle-area groups in Ravelry? Anything to spread the word, me thinks.