Yarn Yard Sale update

fabric laid out on my cutting table

Above is some of the fabric I’ll be selling at the Yarn Yard Sale this Saturday. Getting ready for the sale is taking a bit more energy than I anticipated. I have more fabric remnants than I thought, besides the ones on my shelves I found a few bundles in my closet I had forgotten about. (Which is weird because they were all folded tidily and tied in ribbon, I have no memory of doing all that work.) I sorted them all out, refolded into smaller squares and stacked them into bundles like so:

a stack of folded fabric

I have ten bundles to sell, each with 27 fabrics (a few repeats) that are all roughly fat quarters. How much should I sell them for?

stacks of fabric remnants

I’ll actually sort of miss them, they look so cheerful all stacked together.

So, to recap, this Saturday (that’s tomorrow) I’m participating in a yard sale where we’ll mostly be selling off the fabulous yarn we’ve accumulated and love but realize we won’t use. In addition to some non-wool yarns (All Seasons Cotton! Blue Sky Cotton! Comfort! Some weird chunky slub yarn from Daiso!) I’m also selling fabrics, ribbons, purse frames, crochet hooks and whatever else I find as I excavate my studio room. The sale is tomorrow, if you live in Seattle please do come by and see what we have.

Yarn Yard Sale!
Saturday, July 25th
starting at 10:00 a.m.
9504 40th Avenue NE, Seattle, 98115

yard sale map and Google map

· comments [24] · 07-24-2009 · categories:seattle ·

• 1 Suzanne // Jul 24, 2009 at 9:35 am

I want a bundle!!! I hope there is some still left when I get there. The baby naps right at 10…darnit.

FQs are typically selling between $2 and $3 right now. But if this is all about destashing, then maybe a bundle for somewhere between $35 and $45.

• 2 betz // Jul 24, 2009 at 9:52 am

Wish I were local! Please post whatever doesnt’ sell online or something- I’d love to buy some of your stash but am all the way in MPLS!

• 3 megan // Jul 24, 2009 at 9:54 am

Thanks Suzanne! I’ll keep one in reserve for you if you’d like.

• 4 K // Jul 24, 2009 at 10:12 am

Aaah! You’re selling groovy fabric! We’re going to be out of town or I wouldn’t be able to help myself… I’m sure you’ll have a great sale!

• 5 ampersandebeth // Jul 24, 2009 at 10:42 am

Wow – those are great! I was considering going, now I think I’ll definitley stop by (because while I don’t need more fabric and yarn, its really hard for me to pass up a sale!)

• 6 ampersandebeth // Jul 24, 2009 at 10:43 am

one more thing…how much blue sky cotton? what color? can I put “dibs” on it??

• 7 Entropy's Bitch // Jul 24, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I want a bundle, but I HAVE half of those fabrics.
    If you find some random yarn dumped on the lawn, it wouldn’t be from me.

Is there some sort of Yarn Clearinghouse?

• 8 Laura T. Brewer // Jul 24, 2009 at 2:42 pm

I am going to stop by. I am gearing up for my winter holiday sales and love new stuff to add to my stash.
    I have a meeting from 9-12, so I hope there are some bundles left when I arrive.

Love to meet you. I found your site from my good friend in Arkansas.

Laura

• 9 Wende // Jul 24, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Oh good grief. . . fabric too? It’s going to be everything in my power to not drive to Seattle this weekend!

• 10 Lisa // Jul 24, 2009 at 3:00 pm

I have no idea how much fat qtrs go for but I’d by a stack for maybe $15. Then again I’m unemployed so maybe the $35-45 someone else said is more reasonable/realistic.

Looks like they’d add some great color to little girl dresses :)

• 11 LaurieVH // Jul 24, 2009 at 3:24 pm

I second betz’s post! If you have anything leftover would you consider posting it online? I’m not local either.

• 12 megan // Jul 24, 2009 at 4:03 pm

I’ll definitely post what I have left over to sell online. Also, I have lots (and lots) of fabric on rolls that I’ll be selling by the yard a bit later on. Keep an eye on this site and I’ll make it really obvious when I sell it.

• 13 Michelle // Jul 24, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Sigh. One more reason I sometimes wish I lived in Seattle…

Maybe the fabric elves were at work one night folding and tying your fabric if you don’t recall doing all that work. :0) I think $35 a stack would be a great deal if they’re about the size of fat quarters, even $40 would be fair.

• 14 Zoe // Jul 24, 2009 at 8:29 pm

I really wish I lived in Seattle so I could go to this sale. Best of luck in selling everything!

• 15 MadCarlotta // Jul 25, 2009 at 6:25 am

You are killing me here! I wish I lived closer to you. :(

• 16 Tammi Salas // Jul 25, 2009 at 9:13 am

I was in Seattle last week and looked at your blog for recommendations, shopping, etc. Thank you!

If you have any of these bundles left over, I’d love to order one (or two!).

Thanks!

• 17 camelama // Jul 25, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Yay! Made it to the sale this morning, nabbed a great haul of fabric. Thank you so much, Not Martha! Nice to meet you in person. :) And the fabric is being enjoyed by everyone: my cat is in love with the red ribbon from around the “fat quarter-ish” pack!

• 18 megan // Jul 25, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Camelama – Thanks so much for coming out! It was nice to meet you as well.

• 19 gaile // Jul 25, 2009 at 7:07 pm

oh man. i really wish i lived in seattle now. will be watching carefully for the online sale!

• 20 Allyson McCombs // Jul 26, 2009 at 7:15 am

Yea!!! I got one of your bundles! I”m so excited to use for what I don’t know!

• 21 karin // Jul 26, 2009 at 11:22 am

Too cute! If you still have some of those fat quarters left, give one to Scott and I’ll give him money for it at work!

• 22 Jessica // Jul 26, 2009 at 2:46 pm

How did it go? I would have loved to come, but we’re strapped for cash also (unemployment sucks!) and it was my daughter’s birthday party! Those are all beautiful fabrics. You should see my friend’s stash, she has a room PACKED and I’m terribly jealous.

• 23 megan // Jul 27, 2009 at 9:01 am

Karin – Sorry, they are all sold out.

If anybody knows the woman who bought my bag of buttons could you have her get in touch with me? I accidentally sold her some buttons with sentimental value and I feel heartsick over them. I’m a fool, I know.

• 24 megan // Jul 31, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Sorry about the buttons! I
    got a fat quarterish pack and had a great time at the sale.