Happy 4th

Happy 4th of July. We’re hiding out in the coldest part of our house until it’s time to head out to BBQs. I recently bought a new SD card for my littlest camera and found that most of the photos I grabbed from it so far have orange in them:

two pictures of sangria

Basil peach sangria currently chilling in the fridge. We have four BBQs this weekend (yay!) so I’m making a lot of sangria, these are the two for today.

ceiling of Trophy Cupcakes

Despite seeing them everywhere I still love the large tissue paper poofs, you can find instructions for how to make them here at Martha Stewart (also here).

mirror pic in my dining room

Hello from my dining room!

· comments [12] · 07-3-2009 · categories:mumbling ·

• 1 Susan // Jul 3, 2009 at 4:59 pm

OMG! I love your dining room.

• 2 TPS // Jul 3, 2009 at 7:32 pm

Love it! It’s so Hermes.

• 3 Erin // Jul 4, 2009 at 7:06 am

Happy 4th! LOVE the dining room color.

• 4 Alison // Jul 4, 2009 at 8:34 am

oooh thanks for the sangria heads up….can’t wait to try it!!! Check out the AWESOME burger cookies on this website http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=143668

You rock!…and hey—are you ever gonna post your wedding pics?

• 5 Nicole Maki // Jul 4, 2009 at 8:54 am

I love the color of your dining room too. We’ve been looking for a perfect orange but haven’t had much luck. Would you be able to share with me the color name and brand of paint?

Thanks so much,
    Nicole

• 6 Kaela // Jul 4, 2009 at 11:47 am

Lawdy! That Sangria looks delish! I think I could drink the entire pitcher, consequences aside.

• 7 Karin // Jul 4, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Hmmm painted my dining room that same color. Was it because I saw yours first? I bet it was. Any way it works well in Flordia too.

• 8 megan // Jul 4, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Susan – Thank you, the rest of it isn’t nearly as nicely composed.

Alison – Yes, we actually have not looked at the Vegas chapel ones yet, we don’t hold out much hope that they’ll be good. We are still planning on having a portrait session and those will be the ones that will be show-worthy.

Nicole – It’s called Field Poppy from the in-store brand at Lowes. The brand has changed names a few times since we bought it (Valspar, to America’s Best, back to Valspar, I think) so they might not have it anymore.

Karin – I cannot say the room color was all our idea. The wall was a dark, warm red when we moved in. We painted the walls a cool white and needed an accent color that went better with the white, so we chose orange. We also took a bunch of inspiration from Apartment Therapy photographs.

• 9 Kelly // Jul 4, 2009 at 3:17 pm

happy 4th!

xo
    kelly

ps: if there’s any leftover sangria feel free to overnight it to me :)

• 10 Danielle // Jul 6, 2009 at 12:17 am

Hope you had a happy fourth! Your dining room is absolutely beautiful :)

• 11 Kathy // Jul 8, 2009 at 7:32 am

I love the mirror! I need the mirror! Your dining room is beautiful.

• 12 megan // Jul 8, 2009 at 10:48 am

Kathy – We bought it from either CB2 or West Elm a few years ago, sadly I cannot find it anymore. It was around $200 and I like it because it has a little shelf we can put cards on (we don’t have a mantle in this house).