Made by Moxie – two shows opening in Seattle

Made by Moxie

My friend Moxie has two upcoming shows at galleries here in Seattle. Moxie makes needle felted creations that always make me laugh and be a little bit more amazed at the amount of work and detail that go into them. Tonight (Thursday, June 11th, 6-8 p.m.) at Bluebottle Art Gallery the show Tiny Repetetive Motions has it’s reception. There will be drinks and snacks, and you can gaze at her creations as well as those of Dan Robson. On Friday she has a show going up at Schmancy called Fiber Arctic, sharing the space with artist Kate Greiner. Both galleries are fantastic fun, and you can do a little shopping while you’re out.

(Images from Bluebottle Art Gallery.)

· comments [6] · 06-11-2009 · categories:events · seattle ·

• 1 Seanna Lea // Jun 11, 2009 at 9:33 am

Those are pretty cute! I especially love the one with a puppet.

• 2 Kay // Jun 11, 2009 at 9:36 am

Truly, can those get any cuter? I think not, and I am rationalizing how I can buy one for Fiona. I agree, the one with the puppet is the cutest.

• 3 Sundry // Jun 11, 2009 at 10:14 am

Small world! I work with Moxie’s husband. Those little creatures are aDORable.

• 4 leni // Jun 11, 2009 at 12:46 pm

those are the cutest monsters i’ve EVER seen!

• 5 Uncle Beefy // Jun 11, 2009 at 5:45 pm

OMG, Megan! I have a pic (from you?) of the little pink guy in the center! He functions as a little visual anti-depressant…cause how falippin’ adorable is he (and the others)! Gush! :)

• 6 megan // Jun 11, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Kay – The puppet monster is sold already, I’m sort of devastated!

Sundry – I meant to tell you, I have been in the offices and got to see the games room and the huge kitchen.

Uncle Beefy – I think this is the first time I’ve posted the picture, but he really is adorable! Her shows will be up for a while so if you happen to be in the city…