this weekend in Seattle

Here are the things I won’t be doing this weekend because I’ll be in Roslyn, WA watching Scott rock out at The Brick

• going to the Punk Rock Flea Market
  • getting a free scoop of frozen custard from the just-opened Old School Frozen Custard
  • attending a good old Midwest style cookout in a friend’s yard (this one stings the most)
  • going to the rock show Saturday, 8 p.m., at the Comet for the film True Adolescents that here showing with SIFF. The film has it’s last showing Saturday at 1:30 and I encourage you to see it, it’s set here in the PNW and Seattle and was funny and touching and filled with excellent Seattle music. It was made by Craig Johnson whom I had the pleasure to meet at a meetup with Adam (Amateur Gourmet) when they were in Seattle a few years back.
  • going to see Orangette, Gluten-Free Girl, Roots and Grubs and Cook & Eat talk about food writing at the U Village Barnes and Noble, Saturday at 1 p.m.
  • getting to each brunch at the Corson Building for the first weekend it’s offered

Roslyn, you better make it worth it.

· comments [11] · 06-5-2009 · categories:mumbling · seattle ·

• 1 Christina Maria // Jun 5, 2009 at 9:34 am

I can’t wait to get back to Seattle: love your updates of what’s happening there!

• 2 kellee // Jun 5, 2009 at 2:11 pm

One of the things I really love about the US (I’m a UK-er) is its stores dedicated entirely to one thing. The concept of a Frozen Custard shop is waaaay beyond what would be available over here – ever since reading “We’ll Always Be Together”, I wanted there to be a frozen yoghurt store I could go to. But no. Think I need to book me another US holiday.
    Have a fab time in Roslyn, Megan – NE was a firm favourite of mine as a teenager. Oh Chris The DJ, how you befluttered my teenage heart…

• 3 Annie Pazoo // Jun 5, 2009 at 4:31 pm

I’m jealous! Especially to get to see both Orangette and GFGirl. Have a great weekend!

• 4 Kari // Jun 6, 2009 at 7:40 pm

I am IN Seattle, and I am not doing any of that:) I was too lazy to go to Barnes and Noble, I ate brunch at Boat Street instead of Corson, watching DEFIANCE instead of True Adolescents at 8pm, and Old School I hear tastes more like McDonald’s than Molly Moons.

Have a great weekend! I listened to some of Scott’s stuff and it is fantastic.

• 5 DaddyD // Jun 7, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Sorry we won’t be visiting Suncadia this weekend or we would have checked out the show. You should try to get into the Suncadia Swim/Fitness Center for the awesome 3-story water slides.

• 6 mel // Jun 7, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Thanks to you, my husband and I enjoyed free cones of frozen custard last night! We can never turn down anything free – especially something sweet! Hope you had a good weekend in Roslyn!

• 7 Daryn // Jun 7, 2009 at 9:00 pm

We had brunch at Corson today, it was delicious! I think it’s going to become a regular sunday routine.

• 8 texfana // Jun 7, 2009 at 10:48 pm

what constitutes a good old midwest cookout? details, please!

• 9 megan // Jun 8, 2009 at 10:38 am

Texfana – Beer and bratwurst, and a distinct lack of thing like tablecloths or wine glasses. At least, that is how I think of it!

• 10 megan // Jun 8, 2009 at 11:19 am

a second thumbs-up for brunch at the Corson! thanks for the tip. we had a great time & it was gorgeous and tasty. I love the Brick – hope the rocking went well.

• 11 Tammy // Jun 9, 2009 at 7:18 am

Make sure you bring your own sleeping bag for the Brick. My hubby played there and I forgot my own bedding. Not good. It is not the cleanest place, but fun.