links: cocktails

Pimm’s explained by a real British person, in this case our beloved Paola of mirrormirror. At Shelterrific.

Benedictine Caviar and Cherry Heering Caviar recipes for the Singapore Slingshot, at Spirits and Cocktails. I think cocktails might be the thing to finally get me to learn to use that sodium alginate stuff.

Classic Cocktails? at Ask Metafilter.

The best wine importers, at Slate.

· comments [6] · 05-22-2009 · categories:drink ·

• 1 Laurel // May 22, 2009 at 10:20 am

When I was in Seattle last month my friends took me to The White Horse, a bookstore/bar in Post Alley near the market. They serve Pimm’s Cups there, but I don’t remember which number. Whichever it was, it was delicious.

• 2 Suzie Q // May 22, 2009 at 11:21 am

The Singapore slingshot made me laugh. Last year while on a 12 hour layover in Singapore I decided to make it my goal to have a real Singapore Sling in Singapore. I went to the Raffles bar(where it was invented) and paid like $18.00 US for the syrupy thing. But I did it so that someday(perhaps it’s today) I could say I had a Singapore Sling in Singapore.

• 3 Kim U // May 22, 2009 at 11:24 am

I’ve been making this Vodka Rosemary Lemonade Fizz lately: http://dishingupdelights.blogspot.com/2009/04/vodka-rosemary-lemonade-fizz.html

Great for warm weather (and also tasty minus the vodka)

• 4 pigtown*design // May 22, 2009 at 7:22 pm

How funny! I was just reading a piece in the Guardian UK about How to Drink: Pimms.

• 5 elif // May 22, 2009 at 7:32 pm

Pimm’s in a pitcher goes down too easily in Hillman City on a sunny day. Or anywhere for that matter.
    (Also, RIP Lola’s)

• 6 Holly // May 25, 2009 at 6:19 am

Napoleon House serves an absolute perfect Pimm’s Cup — exactly how described above. It’s doubly perfect, actually, with the ambiance and thick blanket of air on a warm night in New Orleans… better even than the mint julep!