thing I like: small hair clips

Karina brand hair clips that I dearly love

These are my favorite hair clips, the ones I nearly always have with me. The clips aren’t too big or too small, they are nicely lightweight and won’t slide out of my fine hair. Two clips will hold up my messy French twist securely for a day. The teeth and handles of these clips are finer than other claw clips this size and, I think, blend into my hair a bit better than chunky style clips do. I have stockpiled a few pairs of these over the years and despite being comparatively delicate looking they only break when I accidentally step on one. They are Karina brand and I find them here in Seattle at Bartell drugstores, usually on a special display rack near the new makeup displays. I will be sad when I can no longer find them. (Shown here with a quarter for scale.)

· comments [8] · 05-15-2009 · categories:beauty ·

• 1 KT // May 15, 2009 at 9:50 am

I have fairly thick, very long hair, but I also use two clips of this style (bigger ones of course) to hold up a twist or a bun almost every day. I’ll keep my eye open for Karina brand…

• 2 Elizabeth // May 15, 2009 at 11:09 am

I have seen Karina hair products in my Harris Teeter store in Northern Virginia. Don’t know if HT has stores in your neck of the woods…but something to keep in mind if you’re in a HT area. I am very attached to a particular brand of hair clips, too…so I know how you feel.

• 3 Seanna Lea // May 15, 2009 at 12:37 pm

I have a huge package of clips like those which I use whenever I don’t want the bother of a pony tail or want to look more polished.

• 4 Tina // May 15, 2009 at 3:42 pm

I just discovered the Scunci no-slip grip small jaw clips. They’re great and stay all day! Anyway, I will keep my eye out for the Karina ones and give those a whirl, too. THANKS!

• 5 Bonnie // May 15, 2009 at 4:57 pm

I have thick curly hair. It only takes just one. I go for the dollar store brand because cheap and one clip to get the hair off my shoulders makes me very happy.

• 6 Suzanne // May 16, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I have super fine hair and usually use these to pull my bangs up and out of my face when I get home, but two also work to pull up all my hair twistishly. Note – check out the $1 section at Target – I found ones very similar to the Karina ones there – 4 for $1.

• 7 Ali // May 18, 2009 at 7:29 am

Hmmm. How do you hold up the twist with the 2 little clips, one on each side, bottom and top?? I can never make my twists look right with a ponytail holder, and I hate the big clips.

• 8 Joy // May 18, 2009 at 10:19 am

I’m with you on the Karina brand hairclips. The plastic isn’t the super-brittle kind, they seem more flexible than that. I’ve found mine in various beauty supplies stores in CA and RI.