Soap Queen TV

Soap Queen

I got some good news for those of us who would like to learn about making our own soap: Anne-Marie Faiola, the CEO of Bramble Berry, is hosting a free DIY soapmaking series on YouTube. It’s called Soap Queen TV and a new episode will appear every Thursday. The series will walk you through the basics of melt and pour and on to things like swirling, embedding and layering, secrets of packaging, and bath fizzies. The first episode, Fragrance and Essential Oils, is up at the Soap Queen YouTube page.

Her blog Soap Queen is also full of great advice and instructions, and you still have time to make the Sea Salt Foot Scrub for Mom.

· comments [10] · 05-5-2009 · categories:craft ·

• 1 Diana // May 5, 2009 at 12:29 pm

oh, soap like the cleaning product! until I got nearly to the end of the first paragraph, I thought this was about how to make your own soap opera tv show! something about the image plus “Soap Queen TV” title..

• 2 martha in mobile // May 5, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Last pp: I think you mean “Foot Scrub” rather than “Food Scrub.” Or not.

• 3 megan // May 5, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Martha – Yikes, fixed it. I was hungry when I was typing this, I suppose it showed.

• 4 claudia // May 6, 2009 at 9:37 am

That’s a really cool idea! thanks for sharing.

• 5 Anne-Marie // May 6, 2009 at 10:33 am

Thanks for the shout out for our new DIY Soapmaking Series. I appreciate it =)

• 6 Seanna Lea // May 7, 2009 at 7:19 am

That is very cool. I’ve been looking at the Bramble Berry stuff for a few years now, but haven’t taken the plunge to making more than the melt and pour soaps.

• 7 CakeSpy // May 11, 2009 at 10:14 am

Anne-Marie is pretty much the best. AND, as we can now all see on Soap Queen TV, she’s also the cutest!

• 8 Laura // May 15, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I’ve been making soaps for a while now, and just started seeing her series online. It’s very good, although I prefer http://www.cibariasoapsupply.com for my soap oils, her instruction in soap making is very good!

• 9 Jen // May 17, 2009 at 4:58 pm

melt and pour? if she doesn’t actually teach people to make soap by saponifying fat and oil, then she shouldn’t call herself Queen!

• 10 Anne-Marie // Jun 1, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Hi Jen -

I teach Cold Process soap too – not to worry. =) I’ve been making CP soap since I was 16 and love CP, HP, rebatch, melt and pour and all manner of toiletries.

CP soap is a little complicated for a 5 minute free tutorial though so that’s why soapqueen.tv focuses on melt and pour right now. But, for the CP curious, I did a full 45 minute how-to DVD that you can get at amazon.com or brambleberry.com =)