I was a Cakespy

Scott and two slices of cake in the lobby of the Bellagio

Cakespy has up our story about taking a trip to Freed’s Bakery in Las Vegas to get slices of wedding cake. It was a fun adventure and I was really happy to be able to be a Cakespy for Jessie.

· comments [9] · 05-1-2009 · categories:food ·

• 1 greta // May 1, 2009 at 10:16 am

what a great story! i’ve never heard of that bakery before, but it sounds lovely. I do, however, remember the little cafe at the bellagio with the chocolate fountain… my husband and i spent our 4th anniversity in vegas, and had one of our most pleasant moments at those same relaxing tables & chairs around the corner from the cafe! it’s such a pleasant little nook, i’m glad you found it too. :)

• 2 cyndi tatum // May 1, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Freeds is the best!! I live here, I know. :)

• 3 wende // May 1, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Hey Married Lady!! I just came by to wish you all the best. I hope it was fantastic!! Off to read your post.

• 4 Kristin // May 2, 2009 at 3:58 am

I LOVE Freed’s. Their old location was right down the street from my dad’s dental office. We used to go WILD when he would bring us home a treat! Lucky you!!

• 5 mmpotter // May 2, 2009 at 6:11 am

LOVE the idea of the glitzy Freed’s Vegas wedding cake shown on the Cakespy site. How cool would that be? The total concept of eloping to Vegas is extremely smart, but having a wedding cake option is “icing on the cake”!

• 6 RenaissanceTrophyWife // May 2, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Yum! and I love that last cute watercolor with the two of you as cupcakes.

• 7 Christina Maria // May 4, 2009 at 9:56 am

Love your story on Cakespy. Love that you got married in Vegas. I was born there, and there is somthing appealing about the no-fuss nature of eloping there.

Cheers to simplicty!

• 8 Jen // May 8, 2009 at 7:40 pm

I love any place that gives you a slice that big!!!

• 9 Lexy Ward // Mar 29, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Shoot! I was just in Vegas last night night! If only I had stumbled upon your blog sooner. :)

Congrats on the story on Cakespy. I would have loved to get married in Vegas.

PS – those strawberries are HUGE.