links: the home

Oto rug collection at Apartment Therapy. Scott saw this up on my monitor from across the room and said how much he liked the line drawings, which turned out to be full sized rugs. We’ll have to look into getting one.

Door Sixteen shows us how to neatly paint a taped shape.

Shelterrific on MirrorMate Frames, which can dramatically change the way your bathroom or hallway mirror looks. (And I’m thinking of adding this to a list of things to remember when staging a house.)

Two shelves from Better Living Through Design: Pablo the Object Frame and the Cloud Shelf.

Sunset magazine on two Seattle shops, Watson Kennedy Fine Home and Urban Weeds.

· comments [8] · 03-30-2009 · categories:the home ·

• 1 Crystal // Mar 30, 2009 at 8:55 am

Love those rugs! I’m always amazed at how expensive rugs are.

• 2 Andi // Mar 30, 2009 at 9:39 am

We did something similar with our ugly old bathroom mirrors. We just used some inexpensive baseboard moulding that we painted and attached with heavy-duty Velcro. Now our mirrors look classy and contemporary! We also “framed” an art poster in our living room the same way.

• 3 Tina // Mar 30, 2009 at 12:09 pm

I love the pick up truck rug. But I would have a hard time stepping on a $6000 rug. I can see myself when guests stop in, “And this is the living room, shoes off, no red wine, and don’t step on the rug!”

• 4 megan // Mar 30, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Maybe instead of the expensive rug we could buy a cheap solid colored rug and take a Sharpie to it. Kidding, of course, I lack the talent to make an interesting line drawing. Still, it’s nice to have a rug to aspire to.

• 5 Jennie // Mar 30, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I’m so grateful for that shape-painting advice, for any future painting projects! Would’ve saved so much muttering/swearing when I did our nursery way back when. :)

• 6 Rebecca // Mar 31, 2009 at 3:08 am

We have a ginormous unframed bathroom mirror. I’ve already ordered samples. Thanks!

• 7 Tina // Mar 31, 2009 at 4:57 am

That’s an interesting idea Megan. I wonder if it’s possible to take a solid color rug, and make a design using a rug punch. Hmmmmm, the wheels are spinning…

• 8 CakeSpy // Mar 31, 2009 at 8:52 am

Wow, I am impressed by what a difference those MirrorMates really do make. I’ll bet that does make a big difference when staging a house. Must remember that…