links: food

South Indian Restaurant Menu Decoder Ring at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories

Map of chef recommended cheap eats in Portland at Brownie Points

Bacon of the Vegetable World, on caramelizing onions, at Tea and Cookies

and then you can make the caramelized onion and goat cheese cornbread at Smitten Kitchen

Growing Food on a Windowsill – Microgreens at You Grow Girl, via The Food Section

Girlhacker points us towards Kitchenaid mixer attachments and a holder for the three beaters.

· comments [6] · 03-23-2009 · categories:food ·

• 1 Lisa // Mar 23, 2009 at 8:57 am

I have the SideSwipe blade for the Kitchenaid and have not been overly impressed with it. It scrapes the sides nicely, but stuff (particularly butter) has a tendency to get caught in that hole smack in the middle of the thing. Also, cleaning it can be a pain. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn’t have purchased it…

• 2 Justin // Mar 23, 2009 at 9:50 am

mmm carmelized onions. Have you ever tried this pan-fried onion dip from Ina Garten? So good:

• 3 Sacha // Mar 23, 2009 at 1:24 pm

I make this carmelized onion and mushroom pizza using Trader Joe’s pizza dough. It’s heavenly.

• 4 Christina Maria // Mar 23, 2009 at 1:24 pm

I just bought more goat cheese than I needed for dinner and was looking a great recipe for it! Thanks!

• 5 Christina Maria // Mar 24, 2009 at 12:00 am

Sorry… forgot to say great post – can’t wait to read your next one!

• 6 Nancy Pihera // Mar 24, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Drat! I was gonna get the South Indian Restaurant Menu Decoder Ring to put in my son’s Easter basket. He’s going to look silly with an index card around his finger.