links: food

Your Morning Pizza, Mark Bittman on savory breakfasts

Savory Oatmeal at Tea and Food

Help me transition to a healthy, low fat/low calorie breakfast that is more “salty” than “sweet”… at Ask Metafilter

OH MY GOODNESS! Donut Pies! at Cakespy, Genius.

Big Shott’s Edible Shooters at Uncrate

LJC’s most amaing tube Pyrex bread baker, I really want one of these

Eating Cleveland declares the Death of Bacon, but at least my bacon cups are called a good idea

Creme Fraiche Quiche at Joy the Baker

Carri Lambert’s amazingly cute heart crackers

· comments [9] · 03-11-2009 · categories:food · recipes ·

• 1 Olivia // Mar 11, 2009 at 11:57 am

Breakfast pizza sounds so bad it MUST be good!

• 2 Seanna Lea // Mar 11, 2009 at 12:01 pm

It’s wrong that I want to go home tonight and make donut pies. My husband would kill me before eating a whole tray of these.

• 3 Jamie // Mar 11, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Death of Bacon is a lie!

Breakfast option that i like: toast 1/2 an english muffin, spread a laughing cow lite chesse on top, and warm up a morning star sausage (soy-sage) patty for the top. It’s a nice little breakfast sandwich.

• 4 Minerva // Mar 11, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Foolish mortals, bacon will never die. Long after the last human is gone from this planet, there will still be frying of pork bellies. Even if that job is taken over by plants or super-intelligent crystals.

• 5 Michelle // Mar 11, 2009 at 4:52 pm

When I was growing up my mom had two cylindrical bread pans. They were metal and came in shapes, like stars and hearts, with caps on the end to keep the batter contained. To my younger self there was nothing better than star-shaped slices of banana bread.

Hers came from Pampered Chef, though they seem to have been discontinued. Pity.

• 6 Michelle // Mar 12, 2009 at 12:00 am

Hers came from Pampered Chef, though they seem to have been discontinued. Pity.
    Sorry, forgot to add great post! Can’t wait to see your next post!

• 7 julie // Mar 12, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I see those tube bread bakers at the local thrift stores all the time. Most people don’t know what they are so they just sit there looking curious.

• 8 Kelly // Mar 13, 2009 at 6:40 am

My mom has one of those bread tubes. She used it all the time, though now she is more of an “Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day” person. She’d make “french bread” (aka her white bread recipe in baguette form) and it was nice and crusty all-around.

• 9 Carri // Mar 13, 2009 at 7:55 am

Wow!! Thanks for the link!