I didn’t get far with my improvised top-down raglan before I found the arms were going to be too wide and I was going to run out of yarn, so I started over. This time I’m improvising something similar to a top-down version of the Button On Blanket, except not ribbed all around and with the button band worked as I go along.
As I got further down and found I nearly had all the width for the body I wanted, but not for the sleeves I started skipping every other row of increases for the body and it seems to have worked out well. I’m nearly to the point where I’ll be working on the body itself.
I moved the points where the increases start close to the tops of the shoulders, like the B.O.B. has them, but I lined them up with the ribbing on my collar. So far so good.