what I got for Valentine’s Day

This is the Duracell Powerpack 600 which I mentioned last week as what I wanted for Valentine’s Day. I was only partly joking, and I’m thrilled to have this. You charge up the battery inside and if you lose electricity, like we frequently do in Seattle, you have a good amount of power to draw from. It has three three-prong sockets, a DC outlet, an AC charger, an AM/FM radio, a light on one side, an alarm clock and a pair of jumper cables to jump start your car. So, the next time the power goes out or we drive through some remote parts of the country we’ll at least have a backup power supply. How sweet, thanks Scott!

And while shopping for pot pie ingredients I also came across the locally grown and processed flour from Stone-Buhr which I’ve talked about previously. This was found at my local QFC grocery store:

· comments [10] · 02-14-2009 · categories:food · shopping · the home ·

• 1 Lauren // Feb 14, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Awwww… it reminds me of the Valentine’s space heater my husband bought for me ten years ago. Other people laughed, but it was just what I wanted.

• 2 Ellen // Feb 14, 2009 at 2:29 pm

My husband is so jealous!!
    He loves batteries and when I showed him your present he was in awe!
    I tell ya, we could use that here too.
    We’ve charged our dead car batteries this winter so many times already and have lost power lots too.
    It’s a really great gift.

• 3 Susan // Feb 14, 2009 at 4:49 pm

The battery looks very cool! We have a small generator because we have a well and no power equals no water.
    I’m going to search for the flour you bought. I haven’t seen it at my QFC yet.

• 4 melanie watts // Feb 14, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Wow. What a great present. This battery sounds like just what I’m looking for. Where I live power outages are very common. Being able to recharge it from the car cigarette lighter as well as the outlet in the house makes it even more valuable . All the other stuff it comes with is just a bonus.

• 5 scarrico // Feb 14, 2009 at 7:29 pm

so awesome. My boyfriend’s at a convention all weekend, and after 12 days away with Special Olympics Lebanon here in Idaho, I came home to an empty house, roses, and two lobster tails in the fridge… he works in a meat shop :)

• 6 Rebecca // Feb 15, 2009 at 7:49 am

Ditto Susan on the invisible flour. It’s not at the Roosevelt QFC…maybe the store at the U Village?

Let’s split up, go searching and meet back here with our findings. Synchronize yer watches!

• 7 megan // Feb 15, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Susan and Rebecca – I found this at QFC on Rainier, just south of I-90. If I could find it there it must be in the huge U Village store. The bag I bought was on sale so it didn’t cost more than the King Arthur flours.

• 8 Andi // Feb 15, 2009 at 6:26 pm

great gift! I got a solar power & hand crank radio with weatherband and flashlight and it is the best for power outages!

• 9 BJ Lantz // Feb 16, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Nothing says love like back-up power :-) Here in Florida, after too many hurricanes in a row, we now have a very large generator that is hard-wired into the house and runs the most important thing – the refrigerator (I mean, if you have to hunker down, you want your beer to be cold, right?), as well as a few lights and other things. I’ll never forget somebody I know thought plugging her computer into the generator was a good idea (she fried it and her entire backup system – not to self – don’t do that!).

• 10 Uncle Beefy // Feb 17, 2009 at 9:27 am

Okay, Megan…I don’t know what it says about me or you or where we live…but the Powerpack is the best Valentine’s gift! Complete and total hotness! Must have one!