links: craft

Craft magazine is shutting down, but will remain as an online entity. Sniff, we’ll miss you on the magazine racks!

Doctor Who Scarf, wow this site is still going, I linked to it (or something similar) in 2001

Craft table for 4 at Ikea Hacker

chocolate buttons, at Plush You!

kate’s fabric boxes at Design Sponge

Midori Ribbon outlet sales, monthly here in Seattle, the next one is March 6th

handmade nation *special edition* interview at Design Sponge

· comments [11] · 02-12-2009 · categories:craft ·

• 1 Megan // Feb 12, 2009 at 9:23 am

I am so sad about Craft. They are great supporters of all things crafty and inspiration too. At least we’ll still have the website.

• 2 April // Feb 12, 2009 at 11:07 am

I’ll be starting my own giant Dr. Who scarf in the coming weeks and I can’t wait.

• 3 Nicole // Feb 12, 2009 at 11:19 am

I can’t believe someone (actually more than one someone) took the time to figure out the Dr. Who scarf. I have now found the perfect project for all my left over yarn and gift for my husband.

• 4 Jamie // Feb 12, 2009 at 11:21 am

I really want to check out the Midori ribbon outlet. Have you been?

• 5 Lauren // Feb 12, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Hee hee! I’m on the ‘yours’ section of the Doctor Who site. I’m the third from the last, in my kitchen with dorky glasses, in the scarf my sister made for me when I was 18. Long live Doctor Who! (For one more life, at least.)

• 6 Mary T // Feb 12, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Not ANOTHER magazine closing! Arrrrggggh!

• 7 Karen // Feb 12, 2009 at 5:23 pm

NOOOOOOO!!! This can’t be happening! I love my Craft magazine. I hope this doesnt effect Makers Fair.

• 8 pam // Feb 13, 2009 at 7:31 am

i would be forever in my husband’s good graces if i made him that scarf. he’s a doctor who fanatic. too bad i don’t knit anymore. i guess i could pick it up again for this. it’s not like i ever progressed beyond scarves anyway…

• 9 nazila // Feb 13, 2009 at 9:49 am

I love the Midori stuff. Be careful because you can end up with 50 bucks of ribbon without even thinking!

• 10 nakhira // Feb 13, 2009 at 10:38 am

(tee-hee) I actually used your 2001 link to knit up two scarves for my geeky guy friends; now I figure it’s time for one for myself. Thanks for the reminder!

• 11 Lola // Feb 13, 2009 at 11:06 am

I remember my grandmother knitting a Dr. Who scarf with a pattern like that for my cousin back in the late 80s or early 90s. She had no idea what Dr. Who was, just that he had a crazy scarf and that my cousin was a fan.