links: the home

Half a Table, useful illusion for an entryway, at Better Living Through Design

Learn how to save energy—and money—with a home energy audit at Home By Sunset

I like this Ikea spice jar rack, at Door Sixteen

Making a Chandelier? at mirrormirror. I really, really need to replace the light in my dining room, which is a Lowe’s-generic.

Lazy Bastard, I think I like this, at least in theory. AT Product Dose.

Duracell Powerack 600, a big battery with a handle to power a few small things when the power goes out. I want this as a gift for Valentine’s Day. at Uncrate

· comments [7] · 02-6-2009 · categories:the home ·

• 1 paola // Feb 6, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Oh well, now I REALLY have to make that chandelier :0 I’ve ordered the bubble balls from CB2 and will let you know how it goes…

• 2 Susan // Feb 6, 2009 at 7:47 pm

I may be a little too proud of myself for this, but…I figured out precisely what the Half a Table would be before I clicked the link. :) Great idea!

• 3 Karima // Feb 6, 2009 at 11:53 pm

In one of your posts about crepe paper flower making you put a request out for any tips on where to find double-sided crepe paper. It is super hard to find so I just wanted to let you know that I sell it online at http://www.castleintheair.biz/shoppe

I’ve been having a great time reading you blog. SO happy to have found it.
    Best,
    Karima

• 4 May // Feb 7, 2009 at 7:02 am

Oh that half-a-table is just genious! When I saw the link I thought, how space-creating can that be, but then I had a look. Wow!

• 5 Jen // Feb 8, 2009 at 8:09 am

The half a table is interesting, but for $2,000, I think I’d just saw my own table in half!

• 6 laura // Feb 8, 2009 at 5:39 pm

We have something similar to the Duracell product; I think ours was made by Coleman. It sat around for a long time unused but earned a place of honor in our house when it came in really handy to charge a cell phone when the power was out for an extended time. (We didn’t have landline phone service.)

• 7 M.E. // Feb 9, 2009 at 2:42 pm

In the mysterious kingdom I come from, half-a-table is demilune or mezzaluna… right? ;)

(No, I’m just saying, it’s not that hard to stick a demilune/mezzaluna/half-circle table in front of a mirror. I get that the Half-A-Table is different — there’s a lot less visual clutter among the legs — but people who want to do something similar for less cash have a lot of options. My grandparents’ old telephone table — a full oval — is in my tiny entryway, and probably takes up too much space, but I love the carved panels on it.)