small art from Cakespy

Yesterday we visited I Heart Rummage, a monthly craft show here in Seattle that is held at Chop Suey. We wandered around with Mary of Straight From the Container and Dave, who makes excellent cast resin rings at Dave Sheely Designs. Jessie was there with her Cakespy goods and, after spending a good part of last year being afraid of zombies, I couldn’t walk away without bringing this small painting of zombies and Cuppie. It raises some questions though, do cupcakes have brains? Do zombies crave frosting brains? Or do zombies just like cupcakes if there are no brains in the immediate vicinity?

· comments [8] · 02-2-2009 · categories:food · shopping ·

• 1 paola // Feb 2, 2009 at 10:59 am

Or could it be that zombies are sensible and prefer cupcakes to brains whenever they get the chance? Did you see this? (It’s funny even thought it’s from Fox News) http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484326,00.html

Oh and I’ve never been to I Heart Rummage, which I must rectify SOON…

• 2 Jamie // Feb 2, 2009 at 11:31 am

I think zombies just love cupcakes, like everyone else.
    I love Jessi’s work, so cute! I have two little cuppie paintings in my house and I love them so much!

• 3 kb // Feb 2, 2009 at 12:13 pm

This is actually a photo of me after learning that Seattle went cupcake crazy…AFTER I moved away! I would have been only a stone’s throw from The Greenlake cupcake place and the Ballard one too…wish I could remember the names…one was very hipster, one was retro cool…perhaps my thighs are better off now in CO.

• 4 Seanna Lea // Feb 2, 2009 at 12:13 pm

This makes me think of a web comic I was reading a number of years ago where one of the zombies liked liver. It was a nice change of pace to see all of the other zombies looking so confused!

• 5 Jen // Feb 2, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Oh, I LOVE cakespy! I have a set of her note cards with punk rock cupcakes standing in front of cbgb’s. They’re the perfect card for every occasion. Who doesn’t love punk rock cupcakes!? now zombies?? be still my still-beating heart.

• 6 My First Kitchen // Feb 3, 2009 at 4:23 am

I love Cakespy, and that depiction is awesome. Zombies totally weird me out, so I’ve always thought of them as green stoners instead of dead people. So maybe they have the munchies?

• 7 Cakespy // Feb 3, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Thanks again for coming to visit at I Heart Rummage! And you know, you’ve raised some good questions on the important subject of zombies and cupcakes. Poor little frosting-brain Cuppie!

• 8 The World Surrounding Me » Blog Archive » Links: Cute, Creative, or Fun // Feb 13, 2010 at 9:03 am

[...] Cupcake-themed art at Etsy. I love this one – zombies chasing after a cupcake. (initially found via notmartha.org) [...]