Orla Kiely at Target

If you have not heard already the lastest designer to do a set of goods for Target is Orla Kiely, which makes me terribly excited. The line will consist of a some dishes, kitchen accessories and home organization things and I want a set of pear canisters. I realized last Saturday night that the next day was officially February and, I’m a bit embarrassed to admit this, I was so eager to see if the stuff had shown up in stores yet I woke up early and couldn’t get back to sleep. I found a small bunch of home organizations goods on an endcap, just like the one Ugly Green Chair took a picture of. Ugly Green Chair reports that somebody from her Target told her the rest of the stuff will show up on February 13th, and Decor8 has recieved official word that the collection will appear on February 15th. In the mean time it seems fabric covered bins, laundry bags and hanging closet organizers are available in some stores now.

· comments [19] · 02-2-2009 · categories:shopping · the home ·

• 1 greta // Feb 2, 2009 at 9:58 am

yay, thanks for the info! i was in target this weekend and remembered the orla kiely stuff was supposed to show up soon, but i couldn’t find anything… i’ll have to go back every weekend until i find it. :)

• 2 rebecca // Feb 2, 2009 at 10:09 am

I got a tip on Friday from a friend in California that some of it was in the stores already. So I hightailed it after work that day to the Atlantic Ave (Bklyn) Target to see if anything was there. I got some of the fabric bins, a shoe organizer, and a hanging closet shelf. Prices are pretty good – can’t wait for the rest of the line to hit the stores!

• 3 Kelly // Feb 2, 2009 at 10:19 am

No shame in your Orla love, I did the same thing! :) I woke up early Sunday and hit up the West Seattle Target and the Southcenter one….neither one had anything, major bummer.

• 4 megan // Feb 2, 2009 at 10:39 am

Kelly – I went to the Renton Target, by Boeing and the Fry’s, and they had the endcap of goods there. It was all near the laundry baskets and Rubbermaid storage bins and, I think, the curtains and bathroom linens.

• 5 xsquared // Feb 2, 2009 at 11:53 am

Oh, this is all right up my alley! Unfortunately, my local Target (Hackensack, NJ) does not seem to have any of it out yet. I was just there and roamed all of the aisles and endcaps.

• 6 julie. // Feb 2, 2009 at 12:02 pm

ha, I too was in my local Target at 10:00 am Sunday to see if the Orla stuff was there. Nada. Glad to hear the updated dates –

• 7 LauraVW // Feb 2, 2009 at 1:35 pm

It all looks so cheering – very welcome in the middle of winter. I like the apron best – I’d love it if she did a range of affordable clothing/accessories for Target. I hope you get your pear canisters!

• 8 Chez Shoes // Feb 2, 2009 at 1:58 pm

I’ll admit it too – I got up early, couldn’t get back to sleep, and headed to Target too! Only I found nothing, no Orla at all. I really want the apron and the canisters.

• 9 nap // Feb 2, 2009 at 4:17 pm

I also went to Target yesterday specifically to look for the Orla goods. Unfortunately I didn’t find anything – but I plan to go back soon!

• 10 Lola // Feb 3, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Target Addict (http://target-addict.blogspot.com/) also confirms Feb 15 for the official release.

• 11 Tiffany S. // Feb 3, 2009 at 8:48 pm

That is a link to my new Orla Kiely purse that I actually bought on Piperlime and saved a bundle (like over $60). It doesn’t have the most convenient opening in the world (how it narrows in) but I still love it like crazy.

• 12 Lee // Feb 4, 2009 at 4:10 am

OH good! I was worried I was missing something when I went to both Targets in Harrisburg PA and they only had an endcap. The current stuff is awfully cute and Im on a laundry/storage solution binge right now….They are really nice quality too

• 13 emira // Feb 4, 2009 at 9:55 am

Oh dear. This is making me feel like I may need to take a trip across the border on the 15th to get to a Target… But that seems a bit insane.

• 14 Michelle // Feb 7, 2009 at 7:10 pm

I just came back from a marathon Target mission (searching for V-Day stuff for niece’s bday party) today and the three Targets I visted today had the whole collection out – southern California locations.

• 15 Beth // Feb 9, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Hi Michelle,
    Which Southern Cal stores? I have been to so many in San Diego…any there? Thanks

• 16 marissa // Feb 10, 2009 at 9:29 am

I went into my Target here in Baltimore last Sunday to see if the Home Design was on sale for more than 30% and was pleasantly surprised to find 3 different end caps of Orla stuff. This was after I saw only one endcap at the other Target (I made my husband go to the better Target after!) They had one for closet organization stuff, one for table linens, and one for plates cups and servingware. I was able to snag the placemats, napkins and some great dishtowels. We got two serving bowls and four plates. I really wanted to get the green pears serving tier but my husband had had enough. I might check in on Sunday to see if anything else comes out.

• 17 Sarah // Feb 11, 2009 at 2:04 pm

I am so, so excited for this! Cute mugs, here I come!

• 18 Ling // Feb 15, 2009 at 10:08 am

Does anyone know what the towels, apron, oven mitt is going to come out in stores in Seattle? I was only able to find the dishes and the organizer stuff but REALLY want the textile stuff. Went to Northgate, South Center and West Seattle. Not sure if they haven’t put them up yet or what. If anyone knows, please reply. Thanks!!!

• 19 orla4life // Feb 16, 2009 at 5:07 pm

@ling It seems to depend upon when the floor managers decide to put stuff out. I was at two Targets on Sunday (official launch) and had to make a nuisance of myself to get the clerks to find out the status of the inventory. They both said they planned to put it out Monday (2/16) even though the product was sitting in the warehouse. One clerk was kind enough to open the boxes in the warehouse, bring out a few items, and let us pick what we wanted! All of which is to say, ask for the manager, and find out where the stuff is if it’s not already out on the floor. There are still some treasures in waiting. You can also check the Target mobile app for the status of certain items in your area, ie “available,” “sold out,” “limited availability,” et cetera. GOOD LUCK!