links: misc

Knytt Stories design tour, via Waxy

How do I talk to my doctor about meds for a plane trip? at Ask Metafilter

Biz Watch: 5 Job Interview Questions That Mean You’re Not Getting Hired…And One That Means You Are via Swiss Miss

Welsh Fail, my favorite fail, at Fail Blog

Throwing a Doctor Who Christmas special party! I’m in need of clever ideas. at Ask Metafilter

Help me learn about other peoples’ lives through blogs. at Ask Metafilter

100 top sites for the year ahead at the Guardian

Disneyland for guys, at Neatorama

Snow chain recommendations? at Ask Metafilter

Radio Public via Peter Sagal

2009 Independent Games Festival Finalists

· comments [7] · 01-9-2009 · categories:misc ·

• 1 Linda T // Jan 9, 2009 at 11:42 am

I love you blog and learned how to get started making lip balm from you. I’ve left a present for you on my blog:

Thanks for all you’ve taught me,

Linda T

• 2 Suzie Q // Jan 9, 2009 at 3:53 pm

The whole ativan thing for flights is amazing. I had to fly internationally and though I don’t fear flying, couped up for 12 hours didn’t sound fun.

Told the doctor she gave me a small script for .5 ativan and it made a big difference. I had a lovely flight watching movies and sleeping.

• 3 nia // Jan 9, 2009 at 4:59 pm

You tell your doc you’re going on a trip, and ask for a) help to take the edge off or b) something to help you with jet lag. they will Rx a few pills no big whoop. its not like meds come in only 30 day supplies. honestly though, benadryl (unisom) is great and CheAP.

• 4 pigtown*design // Jan 9, 2009 at 6:12 pm

How amazing! I lived in Wales, but never picked up the language. Just too difficult. And, when I lived in Cardiff, they were filming the first season of the new Doctor. The filmed “Are You My Mummy” at the abandoned Victorian-era hospital across from my house, and my car was in one of the Cybermen episodes.

• 5 Mox Rogers // Jan 10, 2009 at 5:33 am

A couple ideas popped into my head for the Doctor Who party, but alas, it was too late for my suggestions.

• 6 Megan // Jan 10, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Oh, fail blog, always good for a chuckle. Thanks for the link.

• 7 Kelly // Jan 11, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Thanks for that link about meds for flying. I’ve never gone that route, but I am always tempted. We recently wrote our tips for surviving sleeping on a plane. We came up with four categories of coping: supplies, space, shift, and submission…a reader added a fifth…scotch.