links: shopping

Buying good stuff at A Whole Lotta Nothing, and Can you suggest some replacements for standard, everyday household items that are far superior in terms of usefulness, luxuriousness and quality? at Ask Metafilter

MrsO, a site devoted to following the style of Michelle Obama

how to make that perfect knot! at Girl in the Green Dress. This is brilliant.

Etsy Find – JamieNoel at We Are All Angry

Build Your Own Tinysaur at Mighty Goods

Primecell, a service that replaces and upgrades the cells in NiCd and NiMh batteries, at Cool Tools

Where is the best place to buy strong magnets online? at Ask Metafilter

Prep + Prime, by MAC Cosmetics, my next thing to try.

Jake & Michah, gifts for lucky pets

Yumi & Laurie, throw sized Egyptian cotton blankets and spa towels, absolutely decadent.

Please help a North American find a great new British mystery on DVD. at Ask Metafilter

Print your images on 2x2in ceramic tiles at Swiss Miss

indie craft shows for holiday shopping at Shelterrific

and two modern Christmas trees I like a lot at Better Living Through Design: Six Pointed Star Holiday Tree at Better Living Through Design, and Possibilitree

· comments [8] · 12-10-2008 · categories:shopping ·

• 1 Lecia // Dec 10, 2008 at 8:46 am

Thanks for the links!

• 2 KT // Dec 10, 2008 at 12:36 pm

Well, I really wanted to figure out how to do the perfect knot in my scarf but I couldn’t figure it out from the brief video and I couldn’t seem to freeze-frame it to study the steps. Rats!

• 3 Bubbles // Dec 11, 2008 at 2:00 am

KT, I followed the link under the video to this: http://spottedbynormanncopenhagen.com/2008/10/30/how-to-make-that-perfect-knot/
    Maybe it’ll help. It didn’t make things much clearer for me, though.

• 4 MKH // Dec 11, 2008 at 5:40 am

Saw this at treehugger.com & thought you might be interested: http://www.meandgoji.com/
    “custom cereal” — I decided to order some so don’t know the outcome yet.

• 5 Lisa // Dec 11, 2008 at 12:22 pm

Hi there – just an fyi – I bought MAC prep+prime a year ago or so & I’m not that wild about it. Seems to do nothing for staying power of my lipstick and the taste is too strong.

• 6 Mer // Dec 15, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Definitely check out State of Play. I ordered it after seeing the promo on my Michael Clayton DVD. It’s a six-hour miniseries and well worth the time and money.

• 7 Isabelle // Dec 15, 2008 at 6:25 pm

I LOVE MAC’s prep and prime skin, for under foundation. It makes foundation go on so smoothly and makes it last all day without going cakey. That, plus my Laura Mercier powder foundation has made my make-up routine so much easier and quicker.

• 8 Kara // Dec 15, 2008 at 10:07 pm

ugh prep+prime is slightly shimmery… I only like shimmer on the apples of my cheecks and my temples.