Obama!

Yay Obama! Yay America!

I’m so proud of Seattle today. A whole bunch of things I didn’t expect to be voted for passed and it looks like Seattle voters were really thinking about the future worth of our city. We voted for more light rail expansion, for preserving the Pike Place Market and for expanding and improving our parks. Statewide we also did good, death with dignity passed, and it’s almost being reported that Gregoire was re-elected. My fingers are crossed for Burner.

Last night here there was partying in the streets, happy people all over the place, and in my nieghborhood. We opened our doors to listen to our neighbors shouting thanks to one another. This is all so cool.

· comments [20] · 11-5-2008 · categories:mumbling ·

• 1 Mel // Nov 5, 2008 at 10:19 am

I’m happy too. It still feel dream like to me. I think we are going into the right direction. We only had to vote for P/VP, Senate and Congress. All Dems. won in a tradtional red state.

• 2 Andrea // Nov 5, 2008 at 10:20 am

It’s definitely an amazing time in history right now, even us Canadians were partying over the US elections. Funny, no one took to the streets when Harper won :P

• 3 amanda // Nov 5, 2008 at 10:23 am

I’m so excited about the Presidential election, my local ones only disappointed me a little. I’m surprised that death with dignity passed, which I’m glad of, but the vast majority of the other things my fellow Tri-Citians voted in were the exact opposite of my preference. Like you, though, I’m proud of America overall.

• 4 Lecia // Nov 5, 2008 at 10:33 am

We had fireworks in Magnolia! I have never felt this inspired.

• 5 Tabitha // Nov 5, 2008 at 11:00 am

I’m a Dem. in the red half of our state. Even over here people were setting off fireworks!!! Yay!!!!!

• 6 Maureen // Nov 5, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Canada salutes you America!
    My 25 year old son lives in New York city and witnessed history in the making in Times Square last evening. From the serious sound in his voice, he gets it.
    I was okay until the Obama family was introduced as the next Presidential family. As Barack, Michelle and daughters walked out onto that stage I lost it.
    Congratulations from your friends to the north.

• 7 Mat // Nov 5, 2008 at 1:10 pm

I feel really good today :)

Especially after both of their closing speeches about bringing America together. Woooo USA!

• 8 judy haley (coffeejitters) // Nov 5, 2008 at 7:41 pm

we’ve never had spontaneous dancing in the street that spread all across the nation after an election before.

truly an amazing evening.

i’m so happy

• 9 Alissa // Nov 5, 2008 at 8:31 pm

I couldn’t agree with you more. What a wonderful wonderful time.

• 10 Jilliana // Nov 5, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Living a ways north of Seattle proper, I didn’t get to vote in any of the city initiatives, but I was really glad to see them go the way I wanted them to, as well as help I-1000 pass.

Plus, the news is in! Rossi conceded! Here’s hoping he finally goes away this time!

• 11 cayetana // Nov 5, 2008 at 11:04 pm

Congratulations for Obama. I’m Martha from Romania and I put your blog at my blogroll, because I found it very interesting. I have a question, though: why is it called “Not Martha”?
    Sorry for “offtopic”, but it is only today that I took my guts to write to you :)

• 12 zobars // Nov 5, 2008 at 11:39 pm

Obama is the best choice for all of us…I am so happy…last night was amazing.

• 13 Steffy // Nov 6, 2008 at 6:09 am

even though missouri turned out to be a red state, i’m proud of the fact that i live in st. louis, which turned out blue. hurrah for obama!

• 14 Kate // Nov 6, 2008 at 9:31 am

I was working for a local news radio station during election night, and I cried and cried during McCain’s concession speech while driving to-and-fro between watch parties. I’d been so afraid of a voter fraud scandal like in 2004, or of McCain’s people being petty losers and demanding a recount. But no! A gracious bow-out.

I can’t believe we pulled this off! America has really chosen the best man for the job.

• 15 Nell // Nov 6, 2008 at 12:16 pm

It is all so exciting!

• 16 Sol // Nov 7, 2008 at 10:35 am

I envy you Americans so much right now. I secretly wished Obama lost the election so we could adopt him here in Italy where our situation is hopeless. But I’m glad he didn’t, because now we can all go back to praising America as a great country.

• 17 Ewa Sandborg // Nov 8, 2008 at 4:42 pm

Oh I wish u heard the voices screaming YEEEES from the other side of the big sea. In Sweden we are so happy that you voted for the good guy, we have cried and applauded for you in the last days and for all people around the world. This is the right man for u and for all of us worldcitizens. You and Obama has our trust. Hugs and lots LOTS of love from us.

• 18 Mary-Frances Main // Nov 8, 2008 at 7:35 pm

I feel the same way! Colorado went blue and I’m SO proud! It’s wonderful!

• 19 KT // Nov 8, 2008 at 8:11 pm

I’m glad about the election results, but I wish there was less emphasis put on red states vs. blue states. We have to be more unified as a country if any change for good is going to occur. It has to start with us, the everyday folks. The ones at the top can’t legislate unity.

• 20 LoveMeKnot Creations // Nov 15, 2008 at 11:45 am

hehe i watched the news about all the dancing in downtown! :)

i’m very excited, and am glad mass transit and death w/ dignity passed here.