links: food

Bacon Cinnamon Rolls, link from Ellen, thanks!

Trying out molecular gastronomy on my picky son, at Slate

Boiled Kale with a Fried Egg and Toast, at Orangette. I have recently discovered how much I like kale, I’m completely surprised by this.

Swiss Chard and Red Pepper Gratin at the NY Times seen over at CrazyAuntPurl

cranberry-walnut chicken salad at Smitten Kitchen

The Bolognese Sauce, thank you Cinnamon!, over at Gapers Block

Oh! My! God! Doughnuts! at Joy The Baker

· comments [8] · 10-16-2008 · categories:food · recipes ·

• 1 chez shoes // Oct 16, 2008 at 9:07 am

Very rarely do I lament the fact that I can’t eat sweets. Reading the phrase “bacon cinnamon rolls” was definitely one of those rare times!

• 2 Rachel // Oct 16, 2008 at 9:17 am

Chard and red pepper flakes, and lots of veggie risottos are on regular rotation at this house. The gratin seems to be a combo of tow of our favorite meals-I can’t wait to try this!

• 3 Ellen // Oct 16, 2008 at 10:36 am

A first name mention on Not Martha??!?!? Is it weird that I feel a little famous? I made the bacon cinnamon rolls last weekend. Good. Delicious, even. But I would recommend using normal-size rolls, not the giant variety and, possibly, pre-cooking the bacon slightly. I couldn’t get the bacon cooked to the point I wanted without burning the rolls. Not that I’m complaining, I’m looking forward to trying them again. Also, I thought they were better after sitting for 20 minutes than they were hot out of the oven.

• 4 Jennifer // Oct 16, 2008 at 2:25 pm

I said it before I will say it again, if you like Kale you must try this recipe:

Scroll down to step 3.

Bacon cinnamon rolls? Too weird for me and thsi is a girl that ate Chicken Fried Bacon at the state fair this weekend!

• 5 Lecia // Oct 16, 2008 at 6:15 pm

I’m planning to try that kale recipe this weekend! My kiddos love eggs so much they might just eat the kale, too.

• 6 Sarah // Oct 16, 2008 at 6:37 pm

I love kale and eggs on toast. I also love kale and toast with some lentils, cooked in red wine with a bit of chopped carrot and onion. Add the egg, too, if you are really hungry.

• 7 thehungryengineer // Oct 17, 2008 at 3:43 am

If that’s not enough, you should try this (from the same folks that have the bacon cinnamon rolls recipe): http://bacontoday.com/bacon-brownies/

I’m thinking of giving it a shot soon.

• 8 Kristi // Oct 22, 2008 at 4:25 pm

I tried the Chard recipe last night and it was a big hit. I grew Chard on a win in my garden and then had no idea what to do with it. This recipe will come in handy.