links: beauty and shopping

Star Wars Boba Fett For Real Hoodie, despite the price and the fact that it would look terrible on me, I want

Nike Mary Jane NM Shoes at Outblush, kinda nice

How does Dr Bronner soap work? What are the 18 uses that they claim on the bottle? at Ask Metafilter

Why do Crest, Colgate, etc. no longer display the ADA seal of approval? at Ask Metafilter

What can I do now, as a young woman, to ensure I have beautiful skin when I’m older? at Ask Metafilter

· comments [6] · 10-9-2008 · categories:beauty · shopping ·

• 1 Kim // Oct 9, 2008 at 10:36 am

I have a pair of those Nikes and they are the most comfortable shoes. Feels like I’m wearing my grandmothers bedroom slippers to work. I definitely recommend them.

• 2 sassypriscilla // Oct 9, 2008 at 10:37 am

Dr Bronner’s soap is awesome. Dilute the liquid. I use the solid bars to make soap balls (grate the soap).

Dr Bronner’s son, Ralph, lives in a city close by and I met him once at a toy store buying loads of toys for a family in need that his company supports. I told him how I enjoyed making my own cleaning supplies and he stopped by my home with a book and a whole boatload of his soaps to keep and give to family and friends. He is a real character and super generous. It was an honor to meet him.

I’d buy their soap just to support such a great business. However, the product quality and ingredients are awesome.

• 3 just barrie // Oct 9, 2008 at 1:03 pm

ha, i went on ask meta last week and that skin topic jumped out at me too. i read the whole thing, seeing as i’ll be 30 in a few months i need all the advice i can get!

• 4 Kristin A // Oct 9, 2008 at 1:12 pm

thanks for that link on the nike shoes. im always looking for comfortable cute shoes. And the price isn’t too bad either!

• 5 Livi // Oct 10, 2008 at 12:06 pm

When I use the liquid Dr. Bronners in the shower I notice the scent turns very amonia-ish when I wash my underarms…has this happened to anyone else or am I just the lucky one???

• 6 Claire // Oct 15, 2008 at 6:10 am

After I take a bag out of the Diaper Genie, I put a few drops of Dr. Bronners (lavender) in the bottom and one or two on the top part where you put the diapers in – this clears up and residual stink.