links: Seattle

Every Visit to the Seattle Central Library Reminds Me of the Cheese Shop Sketch a sentiment by The Stranger that I share

Seattlest declares Spencer Elden, whom you might know as the baby on the album cover of Nevermind, has eclipsed the woman on the cover of Whipped Cream and Other Delights as the northwest’s most famous album cover model. I’ve always wanted to make a Halloween costume from the Whipped Cream cover, of course I would need to guys to carry a green canvas behind me at all times.

H&M is open in Southcenter! I cannot help it, I’m crushing on this store.

A street very near me is going to be closed to vehicle traffic in an effort to promote, something. Community? Bicycle riding? Walking? Anyhow, it’ll be pretty cool to stand in the middle of the street and not fear for one’s life. Not to mention get to walk to the pub in the straightest line and not be blasted by traffic noise.

Is there anything family friendly to do just slightly outside of the greater Seattle area? at Ask Metafilter. I had no idea there is a full time medieval village in Carnation.

· comments [8] · 08-6-2008 · categories:seattle ·

• 1 chez shoes // Aug 6, 2008 at 9:27 am

Funny, I feel that way about most libraries, despite being a trained librarian and all. But I still applaud the Seattle one for providing a “third place.”

The closed-to-traffic street thing is really cool.

• 2 torrilin // Aug 6, 2008 at 9:38 am

The street closing idea is one a lot of cities are stealing. Think of it as the city telling people “go out, have fun, have a party!”.

• 3 SAWII // Aug 6, 2008 at 9:52 am

I went to the H&M Monday. Its really great (as is the new huge ‘XXI Forever’) but maybe more geared to teenagers then the one in downtown SF. Like not enough options for those of us over 21 to wear. I hope the ones that comes to downtown or the U Villages is the little less teenish.

• 4 megan // Aug 6, 2008 at 9:59 am

SAW – I bet it will be. A friend back home told me that all of their three H&M stores carry different stuff depending on what generations tend to visit which area. I did find a cute wrap around sweater at the Southcenter H&M, it was in the section that was a little more businessy.

• 5 Stephanie // Aug 6, 2008 at 8:45 pm

Oooh, I am sooo jealous of your H&M! Still none here in Colorado. When I travel, I use the H&M website to determine which stores carry what I want to look at!

• 6 Michelle // Aug 6, 2008 at 8:54 pm

Yes! H&M is safe to love! Except on boxing day and times like that. But yes! They have amazing clothes geared towards all age groups and they are super affordable!

• 7 Karen // Aug 6, 2008 at 8:58 pm

But check out the children’s section of the library! It is wonderful, with books as far as the eye can see (almost). I’m dazzled.

• 8 angerella // Aug 8, 2008 at 8:24 am

Check out Rattlesnake Lake!!! It is one exit passed North Bend on 99, take a rt off the off ramp head back maybe five miles. There is swimming, picnicing, could bring kayaks, and a 2 mile hike (rattle snake ridge) with an AWSOME view at the top. It is a really good, fun for the whole family sort of day!!