links: shopping and beauty

history of the hobble skirt, via kottke

mustache necklace! at Swiss Miss

When I’m old I’m totally getting a big old tricycle like this, at the dirt on fert

Both Mighty Goods and SundryBuzz like shiny sheer lipsticks. These look promising, lipsticks with saturated colors make me look like a clown, or a crazylady.

Love Bottles, safe-for-you glass

CB2 is opening a store in San Francisco, yay, another reason to take a trip there soon

This collection of souvenir photographs is brilliant.

What item do you use all the time and wonder how you ever lived with without it? at Ask Metafilter

· comments [9] · 08-5-2008 · categories:beauty · shopping ·

• 1 kelly // Aug 5, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Oh, crap. Was I supposed to wait until I was *old* to get a trike like that? Cause, um, I already ordered mine and it should be ready next week. :)

• 2 megan // Aug 5, 2008 at 12:32 pm

Kelly – You’re never too young. I was thinking of an old couple I used to see riding tricycles like that to and from the grocery store in the town I grew up in. They had huge baskets mounted on the back, and one had a tall orange flag like you used to see on bicycles in the 70s, except much taller. They were teh awesome.

• 3 dave // Aug 5, 2008 at 2:27 pm

You can order them online from either Target or WalMart. They’ve even got electric versions for the lazy.

• 4 Kate // Aug 5, 2008 at 3:18 pm

I get to ride a trike like that everyday. They use them in the warehouse where I work. They make me feel like a little kidl. :)

• 5 beccajo // Aug 5, 2008 at 4:56 pm

omg i have wanted one of those for YEARS. i have stalked my craigslist for one that i can afford. but just today i saw a version with the two wheels in the FRONT, it can haul up to 2200 kilos! is that better?

• 6 Rose // Aug 6, 2008 at 5:00 am

Don’t wait until you’re old – I got that bike (a red workman) for my birthday this year! Seriously it just makes me smile like an idiot everytime I get on it. :)

• 7 Kelley CSmith // Aug 6, 2008 at 8:42 am

RE Hobble skirt link…check out the gallery. Oh my.

• 8 Cakespy // Aug 6, 2008 at 9:21 am

I love the hobble skirt link! So odd but interesting–and it gives me a new way to describe my strange wedding dress for anyone who looks at the pics and inquires why I chose such a funny skirt :-)

• 9 Kelley CSmith // Aug 6, 2008 at 9:49 am

Cakespy, was it made of latex?