links: Seattle

Hiking Twin Falls at Seattlest, I like the series on local hikes they’ve been running lately.

Greenwater Lakes Trail at the Slog.

free tacos downtown, sounds good, at Properly Salted

Snapshots from the Inaugural Sunday Supper at the Corson Building, oh how nice, at Mid Beacon Hill Blog.

Beard Papa in Seattle? At Safeco and Uwajimaya, according to Da*xiang, thanks!

Zenith Supplies, Yelp says this is the place to get soapmaking supplies, and I hope they have reeds for oil diffusers so I can try to undo the memory of how horrible the premixed kind I bought was.

· comments [9] · 07-17-2008 · categories:seattle ·

• 1 mia // Jul 17, 2008 at 8:56 am

I don’t know anything about the diffuser reeds, but if they’re all kind of the same, you might check out Target. They had a few scents in the “Dollar Spot” at my store – so you might be able to buy it just for the reeds for $1.

• 2 Mary T // Jul 17, 2008 at 9:01 am

I’m pimpin’ another Seattle link: http://www.shelterrific.com/2008/07/14/a-trip-to-the-olympic-peninsula-part-two-eagles-sea-lions-and-starfish/

Also, about that reed diffuser thing, I read in trusty old Good Housekeeping that a good solution is to just buy bamboo skewers and cut off the tops, and then put those in your own bottle of bath oil. I bought the skewers and then never found the bath oil! : P

• 3 michelle // Jul 17, 2008 at 10:51 am

I’ve bought reeds only at Pier 1 Imports. I think they were $2 for a dozen.

• 4 Flo // Jul 17, 2008 at 1:01 pm

I don’t know about their other products, but the price of the clear melt & pour soap is rather high. I like Bramble Berry.

• 5 Ana // Jul 17, 2008 at 6:20 pm

when you can get there, be sure to try the green tea cream puff at beard papa. here in nyc, it’s not carried every day, but when it is…bliss, all wrapped up in a crispy, golden shell.

• 6 Thien-Kim // Jul 17, 2008 at 6:58 pm

You can buy reeds here at The Sage http://www.thesage.com/catalog/Accessories.html#DiffuserReeds&Bottles They also sell awesome things for supplies to make your own deodorant (or whatever body product you want to diy). I’ve ordered from here and they’re great.

• 7 tps // Jul 18, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Hmmmm…Beard Papa. Yummy!

• 8 Scratchy // Jul 19, 2008 at 6:58 am

Tried Beard Papa in Vancouver and I think the cream puffs sound a lot better than they taste….to much cream and not enough puff. The cream seems like it has been either over whipped, or under whipped. It is not light & fluffy but heavy.

• 9 Shelby // Jul 23, 2008 at 3:22 pm

I used to work for a company that made the reed diffusers and can tell you for certain that the bamboo skewers availble in the grocery store are identical to the ones that former employer manufactured.
    Well, except for the pointy ends on the grocery store variety.

Either just put them in the jar pointy side down, or snip the points off with a kitchen shears.