raffle for all things knitting

Want to win some amazing knitting stuff? Susan from Martha’s Vineyard Fiber Farm (and the incredibly-good-idea Fiber CSA) that I talked about last year is holding a raffle to raise money for somebody who needs our help. She’s raffling off her entire yarn stash and including skeins from the farm (yarn which I’ve had the pleasure to touch, and it’s ever so nice). Not just that, lots of prizes, some individual, some included in the grand stash prize, have been added. There is loads of scrumptous hand spun and dyed yarn, stitch markers, knitting patterns, roving and knitting kits from people all hoping to help — the list is really something to behold.

In the hopes of helping out as much as I can I’ve donated a prize as well, one of my Portable Knitting Needle Cases for DPNs that I make as The Organized Knitter.

You can purchase as many raffle tickets as you like by donating through Paypal. Each ticket is $10 and well worth it for a chance at all the great stuff.

You can read the story behind why this money is being raised, it’ll break your heart, see the huge list of prizes and buy tickets here at the MVFF blog. It’s a good cause for some people who have given their entire lives to helping others, and I hope you will buy many tickets in the effort to help them as much as they deserve.

I’m a little late to hear this news, so buy raffle tickets quickly as the drawing is taking place on Sunday, July 13th, just four days away.

· comments [6] · 07-9-2008 · categories:events · knitting ·

• 1 Alli // Jul 9, 2008 at 7:38 pm

I don’t think all that yarn will even fit in my apartment!

• 2 Jessica // Jul 10, 2008 at 8:21 am

What an amazing (awful and wonderful) story. Thanks for highlighting this. Heading back over to the raffle now.

• 3 Michelle // Jul 10, 2008 at 9:23 am

I happily bought a ticket to support the good cause.
    The thought of winning one of the fabulous prizes didn’t hurt either…

• 4 lagusta // Jul 10, 2008 at 7:31 pm

Megan, this is so strange, but my sweetheart is a sound engineer and tour manager and musician, and he gets all kinds of musiciany catalogs, including Disc Makers. I noticed your boyfriend’s CD on the cover, and it was this weird melding of blogs that I read and real life, made even stranger by my world (well, blog-reading world) mixing with my sweetheart’s music industry world, so anyway I just wanted to say hooray and best of luck to him!

• 5 jen // Jul 11, 2008 at 10:09 am

what a great story, thank you for the link. It made me feel really good to help some wonderful people, and if I win some beautiful yarn, bonus! Love your blog, by the way!

• 6 susan // Jul 14, 2008 at 7:01 am

Megan, I can’t thank you enough for posting this. With your help, we raised more than $10,000!
    Thanks to everyone who donated and helped up get the word out.