links: beauty and shopping

power plant mini from Perpara. It’s a windowsill herb growing pot. Downside: it needs to be plugged in. Upside: you probably won’t kill the plants. Via The Kitchen.

Schmancy here in Seattle has some small things I’ve been wanting to use for zipper pulls: Ninjatown Micro Plush and Kat Leuzinger Zipits

What’s your favorite Sonoma winery? at Ask Metafilter

Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine, I must try this

· comments [11] · 07-9-2008 · categories:beauty · shopping ·

• 1 powlita // Jul 9, 2008 at 9:13 am

the Mentha Lip Shine is great. Its very refreshing and in a pinch when you got stinky breath, you put it on the lips, lick your lips and you got minty breath.

• 2 powlita // Jul 9, 2008 at 9:14 am

btw, their body wash is awesome too. Makes your body all cool and feels like you’ve bathed in toothpaste… sounds gross, but refreshing.

• 3 rachel // Jul 9, 2008 at 11:07 am

I love all of the mentha products. So refreshing!

• 4 Lola // Jul 9, 2008 at 11:10 am

I am wearing my Mentha Lip Shine right now, actually! Keep an eye out at Bath & Body Works, they often have BOGO type sales on it.

• 5 aggie // Jul 9, 2008 at 12:18 pm

i too, adore mentha, but the favorite of mine in the c.o. bigelow line, is the “everyday favorite” lip balm. not as shiney as the mentha, but it keeps your lips super soft. its the one in the white tube.

• 6 megan // Jul 9, 2008 at 3:55 pm

Thanks for the tips!

• 7 April // Jul 9, 2008 at 8:25 pm

The Mentha Lip Shine is a little *too* strong for me. I loved it and wore it all the time until it started irritating my lips! I cut back and now it’s fine though.

• 8 hillary // Jul 10, 2008 at 4:56 am

You will love the mentha lip shine. I like the cinnamon one too.

• 9 ej // Jul 10, 2008 at 12:32 pm

Also check out Bigelow’s No-Shine Mentha Lip Balm Stick. It’s less shiny, but that means less sticky, and it’s got SPF as well!

• 10 Rebecca // Jul 13, 2008 at 1:57 pm

Hi,
    Just wanted to add my two cents about Sonoma wineries. WE live in Northern CA so for one of our anniversaries, my husband and I took a winery tour of sonoma valley. I was great because the people who take you around are locals, so they know everyone at the wineries and all the back roads, you can drink and not have to drive, and a picnic lunch is included! WE loved http://www.valleywinetours.com/
    If you are planning on going on a tour, go with them. WE had a blast and we plan on going for our next anniversary because it was so fun!

Also, just a note that we had a blast when we went for the harvest festival, but all the hotels were booked. The guys at the wine tour set us up with some locals who rent out the in laws quarters. AWesome!

• 11 Kristen Rask // Jul 19, 2008 at 10:32 am