my move to new hosting, thrillingly easy

Hi, hello. I’ve moved this site to new hosting, and except for that bit where my Technical Advisor was too busy practicing with his band* to help me out a few days earlier, it was nicely painless. I’m very happy in my new home at Media Temple, and a huge thanks to Susie at Boygirlparty for the emphatic recommendation.

A few things are looking wonky around here as a result of upgrading to the latest version of WordPress during the move, and I have plans to makes some small changes while we’re at it. But mostly we can all carry on.

* Scott’s having a “Damn, I Should’ve Had A CD Release Party” party at Egan’s in Ballard (here in Seattle) on Friday, July 18th. You should come!

While I was away I made popsicles and cut some lavender:

· comments [20] · 07-3-2008 · categories:mumbling ·

• 1 megan // Jul 3, 2008 at 9:50 am

I forgot to add, I was totally planning on having a mock of Twitter’s Fail Whale during any downtime, but it turns out I didn’t have any (or, maybe, very little).

• 2 Robin // Jul 3, 2008 at 10:33 am

Hi Megan,

I have been visiting your site forever and I’m pretty sure this is my first post. The Lavender is beautiful and the popscicles look fantastic!-Are you going to share the recipe? (Smile)
    Hope you have a great 4th~!

Robin~Way South of Seattle

• 3 megan // Jul 3, 2008 at 11:15 am

Robin – The popsicles were very simply layers of strawberries and vanilla yogurt. They were local strawberries that were just becoming too ripe hanging out in my house, chopped and mixed with a little sugar, and layered with Tillamook vanilla bean yogurt, mixed with a little bit of vanilla extract (I would have used extra vanilla beans if I had them, or vanilla paste, which I’m quickly talking myself into keeping around the house).

• 4 Chari // Jul 3, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Love your blog. I’m local as well. Question is: Where did you get the popsicle mold? My 5 kids would LOVE these!
    Chari

• 5 Alexis // Jul 3, 2008 at 4:11 pm

Oh, how I love lavender and popsicles! Maybe not together, although I’ve heard there’s a movement towards using lavender as a seasoning. Hmmm…

• 6 Cece // Jul 3, 2008 at 4:12 pm

We must have the sam “technical advisor”…mine’s in a band too and boy is it hard to get things finished!!!
    You seemed to hav faired well. Love your blog. I visit often.

• 7 megan // Jul 3, 2008 at 4:20 pm

Chari – I bought these popsicle makers years ago from the Martha Stewart Catalog (remember that?) — but! I just saw the exact same molds in the check out line at a PCC Market. It’s the Norpro Ice Pop Maker. However, I don’t like it. After you put the lid on, and slide the popsicle sticks through those little holes on top and they freeze, it’s nearly impossible to get the lid back off because there is no chance you’ll get all the sticks to freeze in a straight up and down position. That said, it’s a pleasingly classic shape.

• 8 Gwen // Jul 3, 2008 at 5:20 pm

When I first saw the picture of the popsicle in my Flickr contacts stream, I thought it was going to be bacon flavored. :) Strawberry and yogurt sounds better for a popsicle, though.

• 9 Ysha // Jul 3, 2008 at 5:42 pm

What are you going to do with the lavender? I’ve got some growing out front and have no clue whatsoever how to use it. But it’s pretty.

• 10 Susan // Jul 3, 2008 at 5:44 pm

I’m now insanely jealous of your lavender! What type is it? I’ve never seen such giant, full purple buds!

• 11 fert // Jul 4, 2008 at 1:53 pm

ooh… lavender. btw, if you haven’t tried the lavender ice cream or salted caramel ice cream at molly moon’s, i would really suggest going on your way to 4th of july stuff. :)

• 12 Carrie // Jul 4, 2008 at 5:08 pm

Just wondering (apparently with the rest of your following) if you were going to post the recipe for the delicious looking popsicles!

• 13 megan // Jul 4, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Carrie – It’s just above in comment #3, it’s simply strawberries and vanilla bean yogurt.

• 14 kelli // Jul 5, 2008 at 10:16 am

Yum! Good looking popsicles!

• 15 IHF // Jul 5, 2008 at 5:04 pm

Was lovely to meet you at Paola’s party, and hope you had a lovely rest of your 4th. We should catch up in the neighborhood sometime, if your game for it.

• 16 Taylor // Jul 5, 2008 at 11:37 pm

That popsicle looks good enough to eat! :D

I also love the relaxing smell of lavender.
    Maybe put some in the popsicle next time???

• 17 Marian // Jul 6, 2008 at 12:57 pm

that pospsicle looks so yummy!!!
    I love lavender. Color, scent… I even tried lavender tea yesterday!

• 18 Maureen // Jul 6, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Oh I think I have to look for some popsicle molds as soon as I finish my Edys coconut bars…

• 19 JulieAVON // Jul 7, 2008 at 7:37 am

Those pops look great!!

Tovol makes good pop molds

• 20 Rosie // Jul 7, 2008 at 2:33 pm

Met Market (at the base of Queen Anne) is sellign some fine popsicle molds. I find that rinsing them in water for 10 – 15 seconds loosens them easily. They are probably for sale at the other met markets. I bought cheap ones years ago when my kdis were little, and they were useless. These are so good I bought a second set, and now I’m experimenting with ground up fruit, a little water, a little sugar and not much else.