links: food

onion goat cheese tart and perfectly puffy popovers at Shelterrific

Hydrox are coming back, perhaps temporarily, at Chow

jim lahey’s potato pizza and 10 paths to painless pizza-making at Smitten Kitchen

I’d like to bake eggy-stink-free biscotti, but how? at Ask Metafilter

Bicicletta, a refreshing looking summer cocktail, at Hedonia

Simple, easy and elegant recipes that are always crowd pleasers: What are yours? at Ask Metafilter

Recipe: Cold Peanut Sesame Noodles at The Kitchen

Citrus Basil Cocktail at the Seattle PI

Sloe Gin Is Back, but Hold the Fizz and recipe for a Ramos Gin Fizz at the NY Times

Note to self: go try the Bitter End cocktail at Artemis

Homemade Ice Cream Drumsticks at Baking Bites

thing I want: ice princess, straw and ice mold from Fred & Friends

Safer than teflon, lighter than cast iron, it’s Ceramcor to the rescue, at Chow.

best supermarket cabernet picks, at The Kitchen

· comments [7] · 06-25-2008 · categories:drink · food · recipes ·

• 1 Jessica // Jun 25, 2008 at 6:37 pm

I had a lemon basil cocktail last night, which was delicious (if sour). I bet the citrus combo is amazing.

• 2 littlem // Jun 26, 2008 at 2:05 am

thanks for the great tip off.

• 3 latenac // Jun 26, 2008 at 4:44 am

As soon as I saw the pic I knew I’d had Jim Lahey’s pizza before. I was lucky enough to live a block from Sullivan St. Bakery for awhile. Now I have to “settle” for potato pizze with bacon and sour cream from Pizza on Earth here in VT. It’s a tough life.

• 4 Cakespy // Jun 29, 2008 at 9:45 pm

All I can say is I love all things FRED. They are some of the most creative people I have ever come across!!

• 5 Jktwilson // Jul 1, 2008 at 10:10 am

I made the perfectly puffy popovers for my hubby’s breakfast—o.m.g. With butter and apricot jam, they were definately deeelish!
    Strongly recommended!

• 6 lindz // Jul 3, 2008 at 4:08 am

Coincidence. I just had a basil strawberry cocktail recently & was absolutely amazed at what a fabulous flavor combination it was. Refreshing & not too sweet or bitter. Thanks for the citrus drink recipe!

• 7 nan // Jul 8, 2008 at 6:38 pm

I can’t give you Ice Princess but how about a recipe for Ice Queen?