links: food

Help me improve the texture/crumb/density of my cupcakes! at Ask Metafilter

1. Peeps 2. ???? 3. Chocolate-covered peeps! at Ask Metafilter

Best practices on home canning? at Ask Metafilter

Lemmon Pepper Pork at Joyful Abode. I love the cooking posts she is putting up while they are living in a residence hotel during some house remodeling, it’s simple food that I don’t find too intimidating.

Chocolate-Filled Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies at Baking Bites

Baked Egg Cups, at Baking Bites. I have eggs, I have cups, I should do more of this.

precooked, ready to eat, bacon in a can, at The Stranger

Eat Food, but which leaves, and how? at Ask Metafilter

Ooh, Williams-Sonoma has animal cracker cookie cutters, at LJC FYI

bacon aioli! at Splatgirl

Help me make/find a good stir-fry sauce at Ask Metafilter

ice cream cupcakes at Joy the Baker

ice cream stacks, not scoops at Baking Bites. Me want.

· comments [10] · 06-4-2008 · categories:food ·

• 1 Michelle // Jun 4, 2008 at 6:52 am

Hi! I’m a new reader! I want the ice cream stacks. They look like little pillows of deliciousness!

• 2 Erin // Jun 4, 2008 at 7:44 am

Erin of Erin Cooks (not me- different Erin) tried the WS animal crackers and posted about them here.

• 3 KT // Jun 4, 2008 at 9:11 am

“… they have pre-wrapped sausages, but they don’t have pre-wrapped bacon… well, can you blame ‘em? … Yeah!”

• 4 Anne // Jun 4, 2008 at 11:41 am

Ooh stacks like Thrifty ice cream! You can still get it at the Rite Aid in my neighborhood. I remember when a double only cost 35 cents.

• 5 Kristen Rask // Jun 4, 2008 at 12:29 pm

good lord lady, you are going to make me so not productive at work today! what a great list and now i’m hungry!

• 6 katy // Jun 4, 2008 at 12:36 pm

have you seen the huge cupcake cake pan at Williams and Sonoma? looks intriguing.

love the animal cracker cutters – thanks for the info!

• 7 megan // Jun 4, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Katy – Oh nice, it looks a lot like the Wilton large cupcake pan but with a swirly top. Thanks.

Kristen – Sorry :)

• 8 Mary T. // Jun 4, 2008 at 1:38 pm

broccoli rabe, baby. One of the few leaves we’ve actually learned to cook outside the usual.

• 9 Jen // Jun 9, 2008 at 8:35 am

The baked eggs reminded me of how the bed and breakfast I stayed at last summer did baked eggs in a ham cup. She just pressed a slice of ham into a muffin tin, broke and egg in it, seasoned, and baked.

• 10 Kate // Jun 10, 2008 at 7:45 am

Baked Egg Cups. They looked so cute I had to try them. Here are my problems with them though:
    – even after greasing the ramekins the eggs still stick to them and harden and it’s IMPOSSIBLE to scrape and wash off
    – the ramekins get really hot, by the time they cool down, the eggs have cooled down as well
    – the yolk floats to the top, even when properly mixed. not a big deal but I prefer my eggs to not have 2 layers

Hope you have better luck with them than I did!