I’ve finally started working on the Lace Ribbon Scarf. I switched from bamboo needles to some thrifted plastic dpns of unknown material which I’ve looped elastic bands around the ends of to create short straight needles for the time being. They are bendy and far, far more comfortable to work with than the bamboo. This is important because this yarn is terrible to work with. It’s like knitting with cord. Which is, of course, what I was asking for when I bought fingering weight cotton yarn. Happily, the pattern is enough fun that I’m not going to abandon the scarf yet, I’m curious to see if the yarn-as-a-scarf is soft enough to wear. The project is easy enough to memorize, hard enough to stay interesting, small enough to travel with, and doesn’t require any gadgets. Perfect for coffee shops and airplanes.
For some reason I’ve had trouble taking the right hand turn in the pattern. It seems I always mess up the stitch count in one of the rows before so my little lanes are staggered at least half of the time. The left hand turns are all fine. Wonder what is throwing me off. Still, not going back to fix it.