The CPH is moving right along. I have the back, both sleeves and the left front done. After this it’s the right front, a lot of seaming, then the hood, then a lot of picking up stitches and the button band.
I’m going to attempt to block the hell out of this, though I’m afraid of the abilities of a little dampness to combat the nylon/acrylic. When I measure lengths (as in, “work until piece measures 6 inches from start of…”) I take it to my cutting table and pin it so that piece is the width of where it will stretch to when being worn. As you can guess, a lot of length is lost when stretched to nearly twice it’s relaxed width. I’m working on a test swatch right now to block, which I’ll also try the button band on.
Here are my messy looking pieces:
All those markers = good thing for me as it’s easy to count rows and compare armhole shaping for front pieces. I tend to not trust my notes or my row counter (which I never, ever remember to push and then end up counting a lot of work to figure out if the row counter is right and so I’ve given up on using one, problem solved).
Pre-finishing plans include doing a swatch with ribbing and some cabling to test-block, also to see how many stitches per # of rows to pick up for the button band. Learning to graft for the shoulder and hood seams. And buying a sweater shaver since this baby is gonna pill.
In the Just Knit Through It push I have done, or not done, the following:
– Did the left and right slanting increases backwards on one of the sleeves.
– Did the first sleeve possibly too too long, decided to wait and see (after the 2x lengthening of last sweater). Did the second sleeve to match the length.
– Ugly 2×2 cast on for one of the front sides, in order to get the stitches to sit as they needed I cast on an extra two and decreased them away during the first and second worked row. It’ll be hidden behind a seam, but it’s not the prettiest thing.
– I needed an extra decrease for top of sleeve to get the number of stitches that should remain, this included a four row repeat so I just did it instead of spending an hour trying to figure out where I went wrong. The second sleeve also had the same extra two stitches so maybe it was the pattern. In any case, the sleeves are identically incorrect.