up to

Into the Wild
A funny, sweet book. It’s more related to Into the Woods the musical and not at all Krakauer. The sequel, Out of the Wild, will be available in June.

chex mix
What is perfect for bringing along on a weekend trip that involves ferry rides? A huge bag of homemade chex mix, that’s what.

Land’s End wedge slides
Having grown up in the Midwest I have a rebellious aversion to anything Land’s End, but seeing as how I have trouble wearing flip flops and they have these foam slide thingies, I might have to break my rule. Thank you Rebecca for pointing them out to me!

Philosophy the supernatural, poreless flawless, spf 15
Previously I had considered Clinique Pore Minimizer but people recommended trying this one because it has an spf of 15.

No Sheep For You
When this book first came out I wasn’t knitting sweaters yet, but now that I am the patterns are extra appealing. The book covers non-animal fibers and substitutions for wool yarns. They even recommend putting your swatches through a sag test, brilliant.

· comments [12] · 04-9-2008 · categories:up to ·

• 1 Suzi // Apr 9, 2008 at 6:31 am

It’s great that your photos work in bloglines :-)

• 2 carol // Apr 9, 2008 at 7:31 am

megan! i totally thought of you when i saw those slides in the lands end catalog! glad to see another reader pointed them out to you also :)

• 3 greta // Apr 9, 2008 at 7:57 am

I thought of you with those slides too! I have to admit that mostly I avoid Land’s End as well, but every once in a while they come up with something worthwhile. If you do break your rule, let us know how they are!

• 4 candice // Apr 9, 2008 at 8:09 am

Oh, man, i really need you to give an update on what you think of The Supernatural! i daydream about something that will make my monumental pores somewhat smaller, and I hope this is it…

• 5 Jennie // Apr 9, 2008 at 8:24 am

I thought about emailing you the faux-flops, but the Lands Endedness stopped me. I’ve been thinking about replacing my own worn-out foamy wedges with a pair.

• 6 missy // Apr 9, 2008 at 9:53 am

I’m likewise from the land of everything Land’s End… but they are actually stepping up a bit and making cooler stuff (or else, I’m just getting old?!) I got some very cute and comfy boots from there this past winter…

• 7 K // Apr 9, 2008 at 11:27 am

The best Chex Mix is from the recipe they printed on the box BEFORE they ‘slimmed’ it down (in the 80’s?) using a full stick of butter/marg.

• 8 TPS // Apr 10, 2008 at 7:42 am

Yes, Philosophy’s the supernatural, poreless, flawless, spf 15 is way better than Clinique’s Pore Minimizer! Love it so much, I bought one for my mother too.

• 9 KD Lady // Apr 10, 2008 at 10:37 am

Oh please, oh please, oh please share stories of why it’s difficult for you to wear flip flops!!!! Nothing makes me laugh harder than if someone trips…unless they fall down as a result.

• 10 Marianne // Apr 10, 2008 at 12:32 pm

I need to check out that darn book. I am allergic to wool and other animal fibers. Last time I went to the fancy dancy yarn store I broke out in hives the next day from some llama yarn I think. grrr

• 11 rachel // Apr 11, 2008 at 5:20 am

a warning for pasty people: I bought the Philosophy Supernatural stuff, based on recommendations I read online, and found it a little too dark for my pale skin.

• 12 Anna // Apr 11, 2008 at 6:24 am

Wow, I love Philosophy stuff, and The Supernatural is AMAZING!!!!