links: craft

Bust Craftacular: “You are cordially invited to BUST Magazine’s first ever Spring Fling Craftacular in Brooklyn! DATE: Sunday, April 27 from 11 am to 9 pm LOCATION: The Warsaw in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, 261 Driggs Avenue.” Photobooth and raffle, awesome.

Plush You now has it’s own site at Plushyou2.com, and you can still keep up with what is going on at the Plush You blog.

Chicknits on joining the sleeves to the body of a bottom-up raglan (mostly) seamless. Did I consider ripping back my still as of yet zipperless gray Ribby Cardi? Yes I did.

I like the collar on this Anthropologie sweater.

Prettyknits Jackie O cardigan is fantastic, but sadly patternless PDF pattern here.

Really nice gathered scarf by Bag ‘N’ Trash, via I Like Lemons.

Egg dying for the all-too-soon Easter, Dye eggs with stuff from the produce aisle, via How About Orange and Indie Fixx.

Spoonflower on-demand fabric printing! Yay!

turn slippers into a joystick, at Unplugged

make your own binding tutorial at Posie Gets Cozy

shrink plastic ring tutorial at Craftzine

I really like these felted nesting bowls at Design*Sponge

cute oilcloth bag at U-handblog

Note to self: learn grafting

Homemade Cardboard Magazine Box at Instructables

R2D2 Knit Hat Pattern via Craftzine

Lovely Studio Bon textiles, via Design*Sponge.

A Floorcloth for the Refrigerator at Canvasworks Floor Cloths

· comments [12] · 03-13-2008 · categories:craft ·

• 1 stephanie // Mar 13, 2008 at 9:38 am

just wanted to let you know that there is a pdf pattern for the jackie o cardigan.

• 2 megan // Mar 13, 2008 at 9:59 am

Stephanie – Thank you!

• 3 Jess // Mar 13, 2008 at 10:56 am

The link via Craftzine (via planetjune, actually) for the shrink plastic rings is broken… is there a “backdoor”?

• 4 megan // Mar 13, 2008 at 11:05 am

Jess – the link is working for me, here it is directly: shink rings at Planet June.

• 5 Lesley // Mar 13, 2008 at 12:22 pm

If you like the collar on that Anthropologie cardigan, you might like the Tilted Duster sweater from one of the recent Interweave knits. Here’s a link to a fine example of one:

• 6 megan // Mar 13, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Lesley – Thanks, I’ve seen the Tilted Duster before and I think I like the one you linked to better than the one in the magazine!

• 7 Kristine // Mar 13, 2008 at 8:09 pm

I’ve made one of those shrink dink rings recently. There’s something really satisfying about watching it shrink into jewelry the oven. :o)

And I like that Anthropologie sweater too! Too bad I don’t have the dough for it.

• 8 Lisa // Mar 14, 2008 at 5:14 am

Hi Megan,

You are a darling linking to my blog like you do. I really appreciate it :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

XO

• 9 maryse // Mar 14, 2008 at 10:09 am

well imagine my delight when i noticed all of these hits from you. glad you like it!

• 10 Nic // Mar 17, 2008 at 6:10 am

Nob Hill from the latest issue of knitty is pretty similar to the Anthropologie sweater too.

• 11 Kristen // Mar 20, 2008 at 11:50 am

Thanks so much for linking us! We have a great interview with mochimochi land this week with a giveaway. I thought of you since you love to knit.

• 12 Allie Wist // Mar 29, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Hey, I noticed you mentioned oilcloth handbags and I’m from Boston and there are these 2 ladies who make great oilcloth bags. I don’t know if they have stores ourside New England, but they have a website, http://www.myoilcloth.com.