links: food

Harold McGee investigates how germs spread when someone double dips a chip into a bowl after seeing an episode of Sienfeld! Via Kottke.

movie popcorn recipes at Might Foods

Slice trys the pizza in a cone!

tpod at swiss miss

chicken chilaquiles at Shelterrific

How do I get that tea glow? at Ask Metafilter

Bittermens Bitters at The Cocktail Chronicles, I really hope to try the grapefruit.

A List of Regional Pizza Styles at Slice.

candied grapefruit peels at Smitten Kitchen

Rose and Chocolate Marshmallows at Chocolate & Zucchini

edible rings! at Chow. The Candyglam rings are lovely.

An Insider’s Dessert Guide at Chow

Domicile on bread, lovely bread.

I would like to build an outdoor wood fired oven similar to the one Jamie Oliver uses on his cooking shows. Can anyone suggest how/where I could find plans for this sort of structure? at Ask Metafilter

Tasty Veggie Dips at Cook & Eat

How To Make The Perfect Caramel at David Lebovitz

Matzo Ball Soup at Smitten Kitchen

Q Tonic, created by someone who was dismayed to discover tonic water was made with high fructose corn syrup. at Food Chronicles.

stack and fill pancake molds! at Williams-Sonoma

· comments [6] · 02-5-2008 · categories:drink · food · recipes ·

• 1 nazilam // Feb 5, 2008 at 10:27 am

The grapefruit peels looked so good. I’m going to try this weekend.

Thank you for culling out the gems from the internets!

• 2 Amy // Feb 5, 2008 at 11:54 am

fantastic..now i want pancakes!!! those look so yuuuuuuuummmmmyyyyy!

• 3 DF // Feb 6, 2008 at 9:28 am

I’ve found tonic water made with only cane sugar at Wholefoods- their house brand, sold in six-packs. It looks pretty generic, but it tastes great, and is actually cheaper than the little glass bottles of Schweppes from the regular supermarket.

• 4 chronicler // Feb 6, 2008 at 12:26 pm

Thanks Megan!

• 5 mjoe // Feb 6, 2008 at 3:48 pm

I just want to say that diy microwave popcorn has changed my life. For the better.

The scotch tape is unnecessary. Just fold the paper bag over twice and you’re good. I make mine with equal parts canola oil and butter, a ton of bacon salt and a sprinkling of seasoned salt and sugar. Heaven!

• 6 KT // Feb 6, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Be sure to read the whole Smitten Kitchen article before making the grapefruit peels. She concluded that, while they look stunning, they were inedibly bitter.