I’m knitting another sweater: nearly there, no really

the sweater: Ribby Cardi
the yarn: Cotton Ease in Stone
the previous entries: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Look! All that I have to do is wash and shrink it and put in the zipper. Which means I’m officially done with the knitting part of the sweater. Yay.

• 1 Chelsea // Jan 22, 2008 at 10:47 am

I think I will be reknitting my Ribby with as few seems as possible. Mine turned out way too big. Your’s looks nice! I love the idea of an orange zipper.

• 2 megan // Jan 22, 2008 at 1:33 pm

I highly recommend taking the time to reknit something you don’t like. I’ve never regretted taking longer to make it into something I’ll actually wear!

• 3 Jenny // Jan 22, 2008 at 2:42 pm

The orange zipper sounds wicked cool. Can’t wait to see it!

• 4 barrie // Jan 22, 2008 at 2:48 pm

i’ve wondered about throwing my “too big” ufo in the dryer. i’m almost done and can already tell it’s gonna be just a tad wide. i know the dryer won’t make it baby size, but i’m hoping it’ll fix it enough so i don’t have to rip it up and start all over.

thoughts?

• 5 TheBon // Jan 22, 2008 at 4:01 pm

My experience with the Bryspuns is diametrically opposite to Grumperina’s. I wanted to like the Bryspuns, I really did. [They're made by an Oregon company and distributed by a local company] but I hate them. I bought them for a laceweight shawl and the joins really filled me with rage, my stitches would constantly stick on them. I also hate the points. The weird scoop-y thing doesn’t work for me, it slowed me way down. They are light, and if you do like the points then they may work well for you, but I know I’ve talked to other knitters who also hated them for the reasons I mention.

• 6 Carrie // Jan 23, 2008 at 8:32 am

Tip about working with cotton yarn (from the No Sheep For You book): When you weave in the ends, you can use a really sharp needle and basically sew the ends back in on itself, so stab the yarn you wove previously to sort of lock it into itself. If that doesn’t make sense, the book has pictures that probably do!

• 7 val // Jan 23, 2008 at 9:06 am

I never would’ve thought of an orange zipper. Sounds great!

• 8 Daphne // Jan 23, 2008 at 9:49 pm

I think we have some of the bryspun circs at Hilltop — try calling to check for the size you want before you trek up there: 282 1332.