This is my recipe for making the most boring looking Chex Mix possible:
1. Instead of Wheat Chex buy a second box of Rice Chex since somebody always eats around the Wheat, leaving you with Chex dregs.
2. Forgo the peanuts, they always get lost in the bottom.
3. Fail to find anything approximating a bagel chip in the store.
4. Buy those neat waffle-or-chex shaped pretzels, but discover only after you’ve gotten home that they are flavored with something calling itself “buttery” but tastes just plain horrible.
5. Fail to have the energy to make another grocery store visit, make Chex Mix anyhow.