guide to gift guides

Mighty Goods has an excellent round up of spot-on suggestions: Holiday Gift Guide, Luxury Gift Guide, Budget Gift Guide, Stocking Stuffers for Grown Ups, the 2008 Calendar Guide and Kids Stocking Stuffer Guide at Mighty Junior.

The Boss Lady gift guide is full of great stuff from small, women-owned businesses, and also see gifts for the entrepreneur.

Bake and Shake did a great collection of Etsy Holiday Gift Guides: #1 Ladies, #2 Gents, #3 What to buy for…, #4 Bebes, and #5 You

Design*Sponge has a whole lot of great stuff: under $25, under $50, under $100, eco-friendly, and buy handmade

Alpha Mom has suggestions for hostess gifts, as well as the anti-gift guides for what not to buy for kids – one and two.

Chow Gift Guide, and guide to gifts to buy online.

Craft: gift guide, gifts for peeps, crafty books, gifts you can make, tools of the trade and edible gifts.

The 2007 Good Gift Games by Matthew Baldwin, at The Morning News. See also: previous good gift games.

Cool Hunting 2007 Holiday Gift Guide, Stocking Stuffers and the Lush List.

Etsy has a huge collection of gift guides for recipient, occasion, price and interest.

Readymade’s gift guide to 155 perfect presents, each behind a door.

Rare Bird finds with a gift list for those very specific, and very hard to shop for people in your life.

Leite’s Culinaria on Best 20 Food Books of 2007.

The Food Section’s 2007 Holiday Gift Guide.

Salon’s Five books to help you become a chef by New Year’s.

And I’ve collected a bunch of stuff I love and stuff I want over at Amazon, it’s full of things that are useful and, unexpectedly, largely monochromatic. (I wonder what this reveals about myself?) It’s true, I get a small percentage if you decide to buy something from there, money that will go the upkeep of this site and into my I want a Nikon D40 fund (which currently contains the 37 cents I found in the bottom of my bag). I also took the chance to put together lists of books by bloggers, there were so many I broke them into categories – food, crafts and sewing, knitting and fiction and non.

· comments [13] · 12-6-2007 · categories:christmas · shopping ·

• 1 kati // Dec 6, 2007 at 7:17 am

This gift guide round up is great! Design for Mankind has also put out a batch of great gift guides and I’ve made a few myself!

• 2 marielle // Dec 6, 2007 at 7:44 am

After seeing several others set up Amazon stores this past week, I just launched mine too! So far it is, of course, all about the shoes :)

And yeah, that D40 – WANT.

• 3 L. // Dec 6, 2007 at 11:25 am

Megan, you’re out of control. Thanks so much for linking to my gift guides (and, earlier in the week the random holiday baked goods roundup)! I’m with awesome company. If I were a rap star, the only way to refer to you would be to call you a dime piece. In other words, Awesome.

• 4 megan // Dec 6, 2007 at 12:35 pm

You’re too sweet. I have serious love for Bake and Shake!

• 5 Elizabeth // Dec 6, 2007 at 12:41 pm

I just put up my “100 Things Under $25 dollars” Gift Guide on my blog.
    Oh, and I have the d40 and love it! Good choice!

• 6 degan // Dec 6, 2007 at 3:01 pm

wow, what a great resource!

• 7 Jacqueline // Dec 6, 2007 at 3:55 pm

Thanks for the round-up! There are so many gift guides out there that one practically needs a “guide to guides”. Anyways, here is one more from 3Luxe, a uniquely focused shopping search engine.

Some of the options are kind of aspirational, but there are”under $100″ and “under $500″ picks as well.

• 8 Lexy // Dec 7, 2007 at 7:26 am

Hi,
    Just a quick note about the Oxo potato ricer. The handles are really short. Too short, I think. When making larger batches of mashed potatoes, the handles don’t span the bowl, if that makes sense. Also, short handles are harder to pres together; less leverage and all. The ricer is a great tool, but I suggest one with longer handles.

• 9 KarenJoSeattle // Dec 8, 2007 at 10:29 am

Megan, here are links to a couple more books by knitbloggers for your list.

• 10 megan // Dec 8, 2007 at 11:41 am

Thanks Karen!

• 11 Monica // Dec 13, 2007 at 9:00 pm

I have the Nikon D40 and it’s great! I love the fact that it’s lighter than the Canon Rebel. I was playing around with my friend’s Rebel and it felt noticeably heavier. The D40 weight is more tolerable hanging around the neck.

• 12 Holiday Favorites List 2007 | delicous // Jan 28, 2008 at 2:57 am

[...] Not Martha’s Guide to Gift Guides [...]

• 13 Holiday Gift Guide 2007 (Archive) // Nov 26, 2012 at 9:54 pm

[...] martha has a great roundup of the major blog gift guides (i.e. Design*Sponge’s, Craft’s, [...]