The fan on the graphics card of my elderly computer stopped working last night, so until I can replace it I’m limited to what I can get done on the laptop. This is really not so bad, but it makes getting images off my camera and onto this site laborious, so please excuse the cell phone picture for the moment.
Progress on my gray sweater has been slow since we’re trying to catch up with Heros on dvd and I keep putting my knitting down to watch. But, I’ve knit the majority of the body and just started the shaping for the armholes. I’m making this sweater shorter than the other and at this point I can only hope it isn’t too short.
I love tubular cast on and bind off. I admire it a bit too much on my first sweater. Not only does it look tidy, but it feels tidy. Does that make sense? Tutorials are in the working, I’m hoping for some free time and some good sunlight for photos in early November. Also, Scott just got a small video camera, it’s all fancy like and takes Quicktime movies all ready to upload to YouTube, so I will try to create some video tutorials. I’m pretty excited.
I’ve decided that I’m not going to bind off around the neck area when I’m knitting up the collar. I know this is going to be a disaster and that it will only make the sweater pull until the collar is all stretched out and sitting down near my shoulders, but I cannot shake the curiosity to see it all in work for myself. If it does stretch too much, I can always go in and reinforce the neckline with a little extra yarn.
I’ve also determined that the collar on the original pattern is large enough, I’m feeling the top of the zipper resting against my neck. For this sweater I’m going to make the collar higher, maybe over 4 inches. I’m also considering doing the collar in 3×1 rib instead of 2×2 since it will match up with the sweater body, but that might not be stable enough to hold itself up. I’ll decide when I get closer.