links: the home

Simplehuman activated carbon filter, on certain days I need this. At Da*xiang.

WallMarker, for hanging pictures, at the Seattle PI.

Where can I go online for custom vinyl decals? at Ask Metafilter.

Sundry Mourning put up a nifty Ferm Living wall sticker and it looks great. I really want the power lines.

Panasonic Electric Heated Carpet, if I cannot have heated floors in our basement living room, I will have heated rugs. At AT:LA.

Block Posters, make large posters out of your images. Via Fairfax in the comments of this post.

Wine Wedge at Unclutterer.

Making a sunburst mirror at Home by Sunset.

Use Charcoal to De-Stinkify Your Fridge at Lifehacker.

Adam Frank’s Reveal Light is now available. I was really hoping this would cost closer to $1000, because at $380 I’m very, very tempted to buy one. The Reveal Light splashes what looks like light coming through a window on a wall, and a breeze appears to move through the branches of the tree. Read more about it here.

Beautiful light sculpture by Valérie Boy, at AT:NY.

Doggie-proof Vegetable Loft, maybe something like this will help me foil the neighborhood cats! At AT:NY.

How To Slow-Cook Paint Off of Hardware, at AT:NY.

DIY Wall Decor with Paper and Fabric at Craft.

99-Cent Stained Glass at Craft. I love the effect these give, as well as the privacy, but I couldn’t help but wonder if I’d be willing to do something so permanent to such a nice door. At Craft.

· comments [11] · 09-26-2007 · categories:the home ·

• 1 Whizbo // Sep 26, 2007 at 8:49 am

The wine wedge looks great, but does it work if you have multiple different diameter bottles?

• 2 Yen // Sep 26, 2007 at 11:28 am

You can buy this http://cozywinters.com/shop/rug-heat.html and put it under a rug you already own. Comes in different shapes & sizes if you look for “heated mat”.

• 3 Nancy // Sep 26, 2007 at 12:14 pm

I thought Seattle had a leash law for cats. Check into it and inform your neighbors. Then call your City Council rep and have them take care of it. A tried and true way to get felines to stay out of your garden is to put chicken wire on top of the beds and have the plants grow through the chicken wire. This will not stop all the cat activity, though. Good luck!

• 4 Nancy // Sep 26, 2007 at 12:19 pm

Megan — I was wrong! There is no leash law for cats in Seattle, but cats must be licensed. Guess you have tried everything except getting nasty with the neighbors, and no one wants that! Love your “show.”

• 5 MamaLana // Sep 26, 2007 at 3:51 pm

I love all your links! Thank you!

• 6 Kristin // Sep 26, 2007 at 4:12 pm

Is Blockposter the same as Rasterbator?

• 7 bella // Sep 27, 2007 at 6:55 am

Hey,
    Having accidently unplugged my fridge for over a week (!), I can say that used coffee grounds are AMAZING (and easier than charcoal).

• 8 jo-anne // Sep 27, 2007 at 1:45 pm

You soooooo need to see the wall decals at Threadless (http://www.whatisblik.com/threadless/). The birds on the wire with the kitty cat is lovely and the elephant fire bricade is perfect!

• 9 Bridgit // Sep 28, 2007 at 2:05 pm

I’m thinking you could glue the glass marbles on pieces of glass or plastic cut to fit the door lights, then attach them with some sort of removable glue or silicone. That way you could take them out if you got tired of them or moved.

• 10 FAIRFAX // Sep 28, 2007 at 5:17 pm

Thanks for the mention…

And to Kristen, block posters are not the same as rasterbator, but the idea is similar – taking a small print, enlarging it buy a large factor and then printing on multiple sheets.

Rasterbator prints like an old photo half-tone with dots of the size you choose. Blockposter prints like a poster full on, micro dots. Check not martha’s rasterbator link and the block poster link, so you can see the difference.

• 11 megan // Sep 28, 2007 at 7:00 pm

Yen – Thanks, we have a living room floor just asking for a warm rug.